Are you on clozapine?

What’s your worst side effect? Mine is constipation.

I’m not on it but agranulocytosis is a potentially fatal side effect. That’s why you need to get your blood monitored.

I used to be on clozapine but I refused to take it because of the monthly required blood tests. However, it seems to work best for a lot of people. My worst side effect was passing out after I took it. I would get groggy after I took it to the point of not really being able to function until I went to sleep for a while.

When I did take it I gained over 40 pounds. This was in addition to the weight gain of Zyprexa, Right now I’m on both Rexulti and Zyprexa and I want to get off the Zyprexa.

I completely forgot about that, I gained alot of weight on it and then lost it all and then some by basically starving myself during psychosis from stopping meds. I’ve recovered since then and am back at my normal weight.

Yeah. I was always kind of chubby too, but if I tried very hard I could be close to a normal weight (Before Dx’ed). Hopefully I can get back to being a chubby guy with a little extra muscle. But Zyprexa seems to be the only thing that helps me sleep at night.

Glad you’re doing better, Xade.

1 Like

@clinic is on clozapine…

1 Like

My sister Nina was prescribed Clozapine and her heart stopped and she passed away within a few months of taking it. I am letting any of you know and to be very careful it is a bad drug and not to be underestimated.

I’m sorry to hear that. Antipsychotics carry the risk of effecting the qt interval in your heart. So they can give you basically a heart attack. Thanks for telling your experience.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response and kind words.

I came across this forum by chance today and I just thought people should know and in the hope that someone may see and stop taking Clozipine. If what happened to my sister Nina could help to save others then it is 110% worth letting people known.

Thanks again and good luck to everyone

1 Like

I’ve been on it for over 6 months… worse aide effect is I can’t fall asleep, my podc had to prescribe me a natural sleeping aid and I still have a rough time…but when I do finally fall asleep I’m out for at least 10 hours…

1 Like

Yes im on clozapine. Worst side effect is too much sleepiness/sedation. And maybe weight gain. I also have slightly drooling problem but its manageable.

But it has destroyed my paranoia delusions. This medicine works when other antipsychotic meds have failed.

1 Like