Are you buying Christmas presents

I just buy something for myself. I am spending my Xmas primarily alone anyway. I still think that giving Xmas gifts is a good tradition.

3 Likes

I’ve finished my shopping. I feel good about what I bought. My favorite gifts are thumb pianos for my kids. I think they will really like them.

4 Likes

NI. don’t bother with Christmas anymore, I will send one card this year but that’s it

I gto my nieces and nephews a selection box…it works out at 1.67€ each…my dads gift cost me €10 (a shirt) as it did my brother…and finally I splashed out €30 on my mother…all in all a good Christmas spend

1 Like

If I didn’t my kids would become sad. We teach them it’s a sharing. They all make presents for each other. Even the littlest makes things. It’s all about the love that counts. We also buy toys for the toy drives too. My kids have embraced the realization that they are lucky and some kids can’t get any.

3 Likes

I bought two pigs you can put money in, they were so sweet…

Maybe if I did I would have to buy over 45 gifts try that On my income on by the way you can gift a friend online.

1 Like

What are thumb pianos?

3 Likes

I’ve not seen one of those before. What a great idea!

1 Like

It’s like something my mom would buy, I think it will remind my kids of her. I know they miss their grandma too just like I do.

1 Like

Same here. My kids all get gifts, and I make sure they get gifts for each other, too. Since my youngest can’t work yet as she’s only 13, she helped me around the house to pay for her gifts to her siblings and father. I spent around $300 per kid, $500 on hubby (not sure if all of that counts as part of it is from a phone that will be billed monthly to my Sprint account), $100 on Mom some perfume (I had a gift card I used for that, so I technically didn’t spend anything), and about $50 on Dad. I am sending my sister some beauty products that I’ve been collecting for her, but I ran out of money to get her kids anything. They know they can expect stuff in January, though. It’s the first year I’ve ever been late on sending their Christmas presents. I feel really bad about it.

2 Likes

Not sure all I spent, all were cheap. Sometimes I just wish we’d give gag gifts.

I wanna laugh and see what you found!

1 Like

One year when teens, my step dad bought my brother a huge can of Hershey’s syrup! ha.

2 Likes

When I was a kid, my great grandmother stuck underwear in my and my sisters’ stockings. As we would open presents, everyone would take photos, so we all sat on the underwear so it didn’t end up in photos. We were young, too. I was maybe 5, which would put my sisters at 7 and 4.

1 Like

Daze, I love your sense of humor.

I know some have been critical of you, lately, about Phil… but I’m just glad you still can laugh. You deserve it! The laughter. :hugs:

1 Like

I finished all my shopping. I think.

I got a gift from God to day. I won on a ticket and got my stuff out of pawn.

2 Likes

I want to by my ex gf a present…don’t know what I will get her though…she doesn’t want anything…

This year is my baby boy’s first Christmas. I’m not sure if I should buy him anything. Kind of a waste of money, its not like he’ll remember.