Are you a musician?

I’m just curious to know how many of us here are musicians. It’s interesting to me to see how many creatives there are — that are also dealing with a similar mental health.

5 Likes

I play guitar and piano.

I consider myself to be more of a songwriter than a musician…I’m kind of a sloppy player of instruments…self taught.

2 Likes

This is a ballad I wrote and @zwolfgang played the instrumental version for me.

5 Likes

I can’t sing to save my life, even when drunk.

However, it would be an amazing talent to have.

Likewise, playing piano would be an amazing talent.

I once tried to learn the piano but it didn’t end well… My piano teacher died…

3 Likes

Wow!!! This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

There has to be a link between creative mindsets & schizophrenia. I refuse to believe otherwise.

1 Like

I play guitar and mandolin. I want to write songs so I am trying to learn new chords I have a keyboard I’ve never used but once in the year I’ve had it. I should just do it ten minutes a day. I can do that. I know nothing about the piano.

3 Likes

I listened to your piece on SoundCloud. It’s nice!

2 Likes

2 Likes

i’ll refrain from answ this because i will look like a complete tit Lmao

1 Like

@Jonnybegood
sorry i posted exactly same time as you
no offense

1 Like

yeah, not a good one tho

2 Likes

I sing and play guitar, and I play the banjo too…I am an old man.

1 Like

I used to be. I got to perform with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra on the piano when I was a teen. But I now have health issues that keep me from playing piano. It was fun and fulfilling while it lasted

4 Likes

No but I am attracted to them. lol

4 Likes

I used to play piano accordeon but as my sz declined i don’t play anymore. Still, i always carry a harmonica with me and sometimes i play.

2 Likes

Im on board used to be alto sax, now just guitar and vocals for last 40 yrs. I like to think of the music I make as sending my vibrations through the universe and into the heavens.

2 Likes

I’m working on becoming a vocalist currently but I wouldn’t consider myself a musician

3 Likes

I know how to play the viola. I used to play bass guitar but I quit years back. I’d love to pick it back up again for therapy.

5 Likes

Yes. I studied music all my life. I’m now retired and am only a listener. I have a paralyzed vocal chord so am not a strong singer. I played the violin in the Grand Rapids Symphony a couple of years but didn’t keep it up due to driving to rehearsals difficulties. I taught a lot of piano.
@roxanna, people are always looking for people who play the viola because they don’t take the spotlight like a violinist does. Good for you.

6 Likes

Can you please tell me how to turn SoundCloud off?

2 Likes