Are u scared of artificial intelligence?

Theres this one story Stephen Hawking told John Oliver in an interview. It goes, Scientists once built a smart computer and the first question they asked it was “is there a God?” The computer replied “there is one now,” and a bolt of lightening struck the power cord so it couldn’t be turned off. Scariest story ever right. I think AI is a real threat in the near future and we need to watch out how we use our technological abilities, because an intelligent computer could make improvements to itself and become better then humans. Im with Stephen Hawking that making AI is a bad decision

1 Like

I think true intelligence includes empathy. Psychopaths are damaged people, if we do the job right there will be no psychopathic machines to worry about. Just my opinion, I accept that not everyone will agree. We could also design AI so it follows rules, and doesn’t end up making a stupid, inhumane utilitarian machine mecca of some kind.

1 Like

I’m excited by AI. Nothing saying humans can’t be augmented by having this stuff implanted.

Pixel.

1 Like

Sometimes humans don’t excell at forethought.

2 Likes

That would be cool. Id love to trade my arm in for a terminator arm. Look like Luke Skywalker

No, not at all being i thought i was a AI and than a terminator model T-888 type for a long time so is would be normal wannbe scary robot cyberborg girl right here!
As for should we be building AI’s and the like no is going to change things in ways people cannot think of and possibly in ways that come been a end bad covered by a huge list of sf and so on is a huge leap into the unknown with possible world ending effects but people with head off and work on it and push the field why? to see what you do and just to see

1 Like

We could make an army of MI terminators now that would be crazy no pun intended

1 Like

Read the Larry Niven ‘Known Space’ novels. ARM recruits SZs because their paranoia is essential to dealing with existential threats facing mankind. SZs working for ARM are only medicated outside of work hours.

Pixel.

1 Like

I have to check this out sounds awesome

Looked up and ordered, looking forward to reading them

1 Like

What book do u start with i was a little confused since known space is the universe not the book

That sounds absolutely ridiculous. It also sounds like the author doesn’t know a damn thing about schizophrenia.

The ARM/SZ thing is fleshed out more later in the ‘prequel’ novels, which aren’t as good. Ringworld, Protector, those are his masterpieces. Also, google ‘Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex’. Hilarious.

Pixel.

I remember reading that as a kid. I liked it but don’t remember much about it except the part where the Kzin freaks when he realizes the Puppeteers have been selectively breeding his race to be docile.

1 Like

This is the series I’m working my way through right now as I got them for a steal of a deal as eBooks:

We may differing opinions on what’s ridiculous.

:wink:

Pixel.

Uh huh, sure. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s what I’m slowly working my way through.

1 Like

No, I’m scared of artificial stupidity.

1 Like

Haha when the robots take over i get the feeling ud be the John Connor of the world jk

idk, like terminator? i don’t think that will be a problem lol

whatever happens in the future i don’t think machines will ever truly have a soul or a spirit, machines would always be substandard by comparison,

Not sure what to think of it…

the idea of AI doesn’t seem to be on the same value path as I am.

is AI going to make us better and more caring parents? Nicer and more patient people?

Is it going to magically fix our social ills… like domestic violence… cop shootings… gun control… and on and on?

Are we going to live forever now?

Depending on how it plays out… I might be ok without it.

1 Like