Are there any techniques that help people deal with the illness besides medicine

I am constantly fighting my delusion but it keeps popping up with the tv talking to me. Are there any techniques that help you fight the delusion. I don’t see a camera or microphone but people somehow sees me.

1 Like

I’m really sorry to hear that you are unwell.

There are strong anecdotal cases from actual people who managed to go in remission by changing dietary habits, and by going on well formulated ketogenic diet, emphasis on “formulated”.

Low carb/high fat wins regardless, so no harm trying out for yourself.

You can start reading about it

3 Likes

I find journal writing very helpful

1 Like

Are you suggesting journal writing so that you can visually see my thoughts on paper?

@anon55704218, if the tv talks to you, I suggest you quit watching tv. I used to get messages from God out of my journaling. So, I quit journaling. The messages stopped.

1 Like

Just to get the thoughts out helps me. And yes I like to see them on paper. Makes it feel more real.

2 Likes

What type of messages and how was he communicating with you?

1 Like

I think they are cracking down on sharing extreme diets here.

Also, keto should only be tried with professional supervision. There are complications associated with being in a constant state of ketosis, and just jumping into it can cause issues. I know this, because that’s what I did when I tried it and I did have a couple of issues, which where common among keto followers. To clarify I did research the diet before trying it.

@anon55704218, talk to your doctor before trying any type of diet that drastically changes your eating habits, they can talk to you about what would work best for you or they can refer you to a nutritionist.

With that being said, a healthy diet caters to a healthy mind, but going to extremes usually isnt good. Balance is the key.

3 Likes

Eating is not complicated :slight_smile:

It can get complicated when you end up with kidney stones, constipation, and in rare cases ketoacidosis.

2 Likes

Exercise is the second most important thing I do everyday for symptoms.

First is taking meds

1 Like

Constipation - not a disease

Kidney stones - that’s why you formulate your keto diet and stay hydrated

Ketoacidosis - diabetes condition has zero to do with nutritional ketosis as beta hydroxybutyrate never crosses any thresholds

I suggest dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)

1 Like

Low carb diet

I go gym with someone to motivate me 3 to 4 times per week(that’s the plan anyway…)

Friends

Courses

Volunteer work

1 Like

How about seeing a therapist once or twice a week to talk about your problem and get some advice.

3 Likes

Psychotherapy. You’ll talk with a psychologist and they will break down your biggest goals into attainable bits and help you achieve them.

This is something I want to do.

1 Like

Avoid stress. Do things you love. If it’s something you love and just a little stressful, it’s worth it. Everyone needs a little stress to get out the comfort zone into the unknown. This updates you.

1 Like

I second what @anon19982023 said, avoid stress. Stress is a huge problem across the board. Make sure you get good sleep and good nutrition. Exercise regularly and drink plenty of water. If meditating makes you feel good, do that or if listening to music relaxes you, do that. Spend time enjoying your favorite hobbies or past times. Spend time with healthy supportive people. Avoid negative or toxic people. These are the things you can do in addition to taking your meds to help reduce your symptoms. Good luck.

2 Likes

@anon55704218, God used to talk to me from out of the words on the pages of my daily prayer books. He would respond and answer to my thoughts, emotions, words, actions, etc… It was all very personal and directed at me alone. He would advise, guide, correct, admonish, chastise, praise, scold, order and command, and I would always follow His commands.

I quit sensing His presence when I quit prayer journalling.

2 Likes

I’m on a “formulated” ketogenic diet. The diet has done stuff that zyprexa couldn’t touch. Delusions went away that zyprexa couldn’t touch. Symptoms are going down daily. It’s an absolute miracle! No more “demons”. I am still adapting and I think I might be heading towards remission. The best part is unlike zyprexa, I feel absolutely amazing on it. Look up Chris Palmer MD on google. He has a webpage with information and resources for a well formulated ketogenic diet. A well formulated ketogenic diet just means a therapeutic ketogenic diet.

3 Likes