Are internal and external hallucinations just thoughts?

I was just wondering…

Yes they are . .

1 Like

Even when i know they are voices in my head, I still believe they are real beings. They influence me

1 Like

They can influence you without being real beings I think. Thoughts can influence you. It’s like @everhopeful said, they are thoughts. Thoughts are powerful.

1 Like

A common scientific belief is they are inner speech misattributed as coming from an external source.

1 Like

If you just focus upon the voices, lots of simple explanations can be given. But if one is subjected to physical torture that is so bad that it takes you beyond the point of mere screaming in agony, all as the result of not responding to the demands that the voices give, kind of changes the picture a bit. The very idea that pain could be so extreme that one can not even scream, was something that would have never even crossed my mind to begin with. But since this kind of an event is not common, it is ignored within the medical community.

1 Like

Man, and I thought just the demands were bad. Did that happen to you @OTRA?

Do you know about other types of hallucinations?

I’m afraid I have no real idea of what causes other types of hallucinations.

1 Like

Let’s just say that I made it through it all. To others who do or don’t get hit this hard, I say that there is no reason to give up.

1 Like

I’m glad you made it through. I feel like ending it because I don’t want to hurt anyone. I guess that’s kinda the same as giving up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.