Internal audio hallucinations

Does anyone have thoughts that think back? That like exist separately. I’ve heard them professionally described as internal audio hallucinations. They’re not intrusive thoughts. They’re like other voices that can think back that I can’t control. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.

3 Likes

Yes it’s very annoying.

2 Likes

Yes and it’s annoying trying not to answer yourself by thought.

3 Likes

This isn’t a normal thing? I really thought everyone has this

1 Like

No, it’s different to an internal dialogue.

I liken what I experience to loud thought-like voices that overlap my internal dialogue.

2 Likes

I get this and it’s usually a voice saying some nasty things aimed at other people and I always have to remind myself that it’s not me. It can agitate me and lead to myself internally yelling back, though, too.

3 Likes

I think I have the same thing going on. Initially, when I had my “break,” the voice seemed to be heard both outside of my mind and within my mind. Loud and as if everywhere at once. So loud, any other should have also heard it - so I believed. More recently, though, the experience is perceived as if happening inside of me, but has the same psychic and bodily impact as if the voice came from outside of me. Meaning, it startles and rivets my mind and person producing a very visceral response (sometimes including fear). And I also have something going on that makes me believe some external consciousness source is interacting with (thinking back?) on my thought processes. It definitely feels “other than me,” seems to be a stream of intelligence not my own.

The following talks about internal verses external audio hallucinations:

1 Like

It’s my inner soliloquy. My thoughts often “speak out of turn”. I try to ignore them but I’m not always successful. They can be very intrusive, arrogant and angry.

2 Likes

Yes, I get them every night when I’m falling asleep and a bit when I’m psychotic

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.