Internal voices or hallucinations

What do you call thought like voices that say mean things and harmful/paranoid things. It was my very first symptom I had, but no one clarified what it is. I also have regular auditory hallucinations that I hear through the walls.

2 Likes

Do they sound like you?

No, they do not

I call it a voice just like external ones. If the thoughts feel like they “aren’t yours”, then they could be voices. It really comes down to how you feel about the thought/voice in relation to yourself. For me, it started out with simply feeling like the thoughts weren’t mine. They were there in my head… but they weren’t my own thoughts, if that makes sense. So, for me at least, I didn’t consider it a voice at first. These thoughts have slowly become more separate from me in the way that they feel in relation to myself. Over time, they have started to feel like someone rather than something. It was like the process of the thoughts turning into a voice, but it was very gradual. It really comes down to your own personal feelings about the thoughts. Mine overlap what I’m trying to think about (kind of like an intrusive thought) but it’s a thought that “says” things, but in my head. And it seems loud, not audibally, but loud in the sense that it drowns out my others thoughts.

If yours are like mine, I say they are voices.

1 Like

You described it perfectly. That’s exactly what mine was and is like

1 Like

I get this too. Alien is the main voice in my head. I hear him internally but it’s not my thoughts

1 Like

So you hear him audibly?

Not audibly like an outside voice no. More like thoughts in clear sentences but not my thoughts. Like two people in my head. Like imagining a voice but out of my control.

1 Like

Okay that’s what’s mine is like.

1 Like

My voices are my thoughts they say, but kind of wacked out. They want something but they go out of their normal way to get it. They engage me and if I talk to them they keep it up all the more. They seem like my neighbors and others close and kind of hide in the fact that I could be hearing them because they are close. I try to get away- to get involved in something else to distract me. But if you can’t then I try not to focus on them.

2 Likes

Mine are the same. Like thoughts, but with personalities

1 Like

So are you a schizophrenic

Not diagnosed. I’m trying to get seen but it’s easier said than done. I’ve only been in the process for two years, and I was on an antipsychotic for a while… I’m 19 so hoping it’s just the start of the journey.
Sorry if it was inappropriate for me to respond since I don’t even know if I’m sz

No, anyone with any experience of psychosis is welcomed here so you’re good. What antipsychotic were you on?

Thanks, that’s a relief ^^
Quetiapine… which I think is Seroquel

At the time I was very reluctant to take any meds so I stopped as soon as symptoms were relieved a bit

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.