Schizophrenia.com

Are humans special or are we just basically advanced animals?

The only way we’re really special, and not just stronger, is by having the ability to create something better than the animals we are.

We’re not just animals by definition, our lives are also as meaningless as that of all other animals. Very beautiful, but all in all just endlessly repetitive and completely useless.

Heroes are nice but we really need a villain soon.

3 Likes

I wish I could just live life without question.

3 Likes

Some people day the difference is we have opposable thumbs.

3 Likes

I remember sitting in my kindergarten chair with what must have been a broken tailbone.

2 Likes

There is a belief that we are in a simulation (not Matrix stuff) because of the intricacies of our DNA.

I also find it interesting that it’s possible we have a common human mother. But the egg or chicken argument never gets resolved though. Hope the human race survives long enough to find an answer.

-S

1 Like

I think humans are distinct from animals.

Humans have a rich language, reasoning, innovation, complex problem-solving, creativity, to name just a few attributes. The differences between what humans can do and what animals can do (including primates) is too great for me to say that humans are advanced animals.

1 Like

I am a magpie in human form (love those shiny things!).

3 Likes

There’s a sun in my head where my brain used to be! :sunny:

2 Likes

Humans are definitely special. Without a doubt. I personally don’t think it should be so but there it is.

2 Likes

Humans are generally more arrogant than advanced

Many people are piggybacking off the genius of a small minority of people who changed the world.

5 Likes

I consider myself a very liberal, Catholic Christian. For many reasons: I am pro choice, pro LGBTQ, anti death penalty, pro environment, pro immigration, pro universal health care and pro basic universal income.

4 Likes

lol, you’re basically Canadian, those are all official government policies (except for UBI, but it is being seriously discussed)

2 Likes

Alright guys, leave the religion out of it.

2 Likes

I’d probably be a happy Canadian. From all accounts, I’ve heard it is absolutely beautiful up there. I don’t know if I could take the cold, although, it is probably comparable to here in Nebraska, USA. LOL.

1 Like

I still like to believe intelligent aliens tampered with ancient homonid dna giving rise to our modern species and intelligence.

But maybe it really was just evolution.

Either way we are still special as we think about things that animals cannot.

We are intelligent and the superior species.

2 Likes

The cold isn’t too bad as long as live in the southern most parts of the country. 2/3rds of Canadians live within 100km (60 miles) of the Canada/US border. It can get cold at times but it’s usually tolerable. If you go way up north it gets very cold at times.

3 Likes

So Canada is mostly a US suburb!
:innocent:

2 Likes

There is a joke up here some people make when a politician suggests we adopt certain USA policies that would make us more like the USA.

Do we want to become the 51st state?

2 Likes

Well Nebraska weather is oftentimes absolutely intolerable. Both in Winter and Summer. I just might move to Canada someday. Or, at least visit.

2 Likes

I would say that schizophrenics are advanced humans.

We are soooo advanced, that we can see and hear things that 99% of Earth’s population can not.

3 Likes