Humans are unique

We’re not animals. I used to think we were animals. Now, I think no, humans are unique. One of our jobs is giving care to animal, though.

7 Likes

I only eat organic meat. Hopefully they get treated good enough. Probably could still be better :frowning:
Idk

2 Likes

Humans are classified as warm blooded mammals where the blood distributes nutrients, hormones, oxygen, heat, etc…

As part of the family of great apes, humans have an opposable thumb where most other mammals do not.

1 Like

I believe rodents have thumbs. We raised hamsters when I was a kid.

2 Likes

Rodents may have thumbs but they do not oppose the remaining fingers.

2 Likes

Gosh, they surely seemed agile to me. Are you sure of that?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m quite sure that rodents have paws with extended fingers but not opposable thumbs…

1 Like

I guess our species wasn’t satisfied with running around naked hunting eating and sleeping for their entire lives. Now we are surrounded by stuff lol. Look at all this stuff we humans made! All bees ever make is honey.

4 Likes

Yes, to feed their babies. Which is often more than humans do, preferring a rubber nipple and milk fit for cattle.

1 Like

Cro-magnonman, neanderthal and homoerectus evolved to what would be humans of today. Humans have created, constructed, invented, consumed, multiplied… etc…

In the end, humans are still mortal beings that live and die like all other creatures on this planet.

1 Like

I don’t think I’d bother to live if I didn’t believe in being born again. I think life-death is another cycle in this circular universe.

4 Likes

Well, I believe in science where truth comes from facts. Experiments can be duplicated to produce results. The universe is too vast for me. I’d rather concentrate on our local Milky Way Galaxy instead.

1 Like

Oh, some humans are animals all right. Like my last roommate. I gave him and the guy upstairs some apt nicknames. My ex-roommate was sick predator #1 and the guy upstairs was sick predator #2.

2 Likes

I don’t think we’re special we die after all

2 Likes

After the ending of The Once + Future King, all the animals got together and asked if humans weren’t prone to being self seving everywhere, with acts of evil large and small.all actions self-centered. After much talk they came to the conclusion that the only reason we weren’t completely evil because we greatly cared for animals and watched out for them, with no self-serving motive.

2 Likes

Just thinking bird’s feet have opposable thumbs or they couldn’t grip branches.

1 Like

Unique? Yes. Every human likes a good pizza. No sentient creature can deny it. Dogs smell ass while we ass-ume too much. Oh the humanity.

Don’t forget raccoons, they have very complex ‘hands’ for grabbing garbage and other stuff.

tenor

2 Likes

Humans are animals, but that doesn’t mean we’re not unique. We are. As you said, we have a duty of care not just to our own species, but to all species in general.

Raccoons, deer and elk are unique too.

1 Like