Apiprazole (Abilify)

For those of you taking apiprazole, how well does it work for you? Does it help depression? I’ve just asked my doctor to let me try it in combination with my Saphris to see how I do because I’m so “blah” for lack of a better word. I just feel… empty.

So how did/does it work for you? What side effects did you experience?

It gave me energy on it

1 Like

How long were you on it?

It’s been a year since I was on abilify. I had a few issues. it’s not a bad AP. It’ll be alright.

2 Likes

I was on for awhile then switched then tried again but gave me anxiety so I stopped again

2 Likes

I’ve only been on Abilify and Risperdal and I like Abilify a lot more as the Risperdal made me feel foggy. I was on Maintena for a short period but it gave me akithesia. Regular pill form Abilify doesn’t give me any side effects that I’m aware of. It just works - I don’t have psychotic episodes or delusions.

1 Like

I’m on 10 mg at the moment and can say it’s done me well. The first month I was pretty restless, anxious, and paced around a lot but it evened itself out eventually.

I have schizoaffective-depressive type and am thinking about adding on an antidepressant to help out with the mood component.

It’s also been weight-neutral which is a plus in my book.

Wishing you luck on it @Happy_H!

1 Like

It made me overly restless, in waves throughout the day. However it is different for everyone, so if you are a bit lethargic it would be worth a try. I was on 10mg/day.

2 Likes

I’ve been on abilify since may and it has helped. I sometimes hear voices especially while watching tv so I usually mute it. It ms helping me losd weight too i went from 368 to 311 in 4 months

2 Likes

i didnt like it. i stopped taking it

1 Like

I’m on 15mg. I get too many symptoms still on 10. I find it gives me really, really bad insomnia, but it’s the AP that my pdoc likes best and he said it’s the best for side effects.

1 Like

Abilify is the best med I’ve been on so far. I’m manic a lot though… been on it since June of this year.

I’m on 10mg.

Edit: actually i Just started taking bass lessons again. I’m thinking about taking a part time job for the holidays. I feel like I might be inching my way back to a semi-regular life. Could be the mania though…

1 Like

I know how you feel about maina making you think you are ready for things like a job (or in my case, I clean house and getting dressed daily). Sucks.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it helps depression for me personally but I think having taken a different ap would have left me more energy less since abilify is meant to be the most activating. Unfortunately my motivation and concentration have been affected.
But of course each case is different

1 Like

what is the longest you’ve been manic for? before you snapped out of it…?

I’ve been manic for 6 weeks before and not know it.

For me Abilify works good. I think It doesn’t help with depression, but It helps with anxiety.

1 Like

It doesn’t help my depression and anxiety, but it works as an AP.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.