Anyone tried Prolixin?

Id like to hear some reviews

One thing I know about prolixen it costs little.

1 Like

@jukebox takes it and loves it.

2 Likes

oh man, a game changer…no side effects whatsoever. love it…will always take this med.

2 Likes

Thanks @jukebox

1 Like

I take generic prolixin…four bucks with medicare. fluphenazine. 10 mg morning and night. keeps me mentally fit as a fiddle.

1 Like

I was on it from 1981-2002. They first put me on it when I was in the hospital. I was on a 120 mg a day. They don’t even give doses that high anymore. It was pretty sedating. When I got a job in 1982 my doctor slowly tapered me down to 60 mg a day. I was still dragging myself around, I told my family and my therapist I would just keep working until I dropped from exhaustion.

Prolixen worked though; I eventually got used to the side effects and was on a maintenance dose of 10 mg for a couple years. I went up and down on it from 5mg up to 15 mg. Finally in 2002 my doctor took me off it because he was afraid I would get TD. So I tried a few of the second generation drugs and resperidone is the one we settled on. Been on resperidone since 2002.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.