Anyone take ginkgo biloba

Just bought some standardized and is wondering what your experiance short term and long term supplementation

I have no idea I bought capsules tho

Actually sorry I mistook the name for another herb someone mentioned on here. Ginko biloba should act as a sedative, calming anxiety and perhaps helping you relax/sleep. I’ve taken natural sedates like bullrushes and consumed fresh they work quite well almost immediately infact. I’ve read some dried herbs can lose 50-90% of their effectiveness (at least with antioxidants). Please if you could let us know how they work for you.

1 Like

LS!
Yes, I take gingko biloba with passionflower, celery seed, willow bark extract.

2 Likes

I used to take it before antipsychotics. I didn’t notice anything but I did get withdrawl when I forgot to order more. On risperidone, I came off it and didn’t get withdrawl.

1 Like

I read somewhere that gingko biloba is a good treatment for TD. Not sure how that works though since it’s a GABA antagonist.

Benzos help with TD and they’re GABA agonists.

Someone shed some light on this…

1 Like

no, no , no !! ginkgo biloba is bad for schizophrenics !! my pdoc said so…most supplements that are herbal are bad.

1 Like

They’re only bad if theres an interaction between medicine. Not going against what your pdocs says, but its not all bad

1 Like

all I know is that I took ginkgo biloba every day before I fell ill and then when I told my pdoc I was taking it he made sure I understood it ascerbates psychosis…

1 Like

Not going to argue there. I never used it so I cant really say much from personal experience

1 Like

I got some ginkgo from my dollar tree today for $1.
It caused me to be much more cognizant/aware/intelligible.
Therein will I take it tomorrow and every consecutive day henceforth.
I read it is used in conjunction with Zyprexa though, I don’t remember why.
It works. If schizophrenia causes some deterioration of brain, it helps!

Hi @tristicles

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Volunteer Moderator
Rogueone.