Anyone pushing 40 years old and nowhere near being at to move out of mom's place?

People say it’s sad. I don’t really care for it

4 Likes

I’m almost 51 and live with parents…well I pay rent but I still live there. I moved out when I was 18 though. Moved back during/after first psychosis in early 40’s. So I’ve been here there and everywhere in between as far as living arrangements go.

7 Likes

Dunno, got on ssi, never been able to get a job after that. Can’t say I tried really hard to look for one

Maybe they live with you?

:heart:

3 Likes

I’m turning 29 next month and I live with my grandma. I help her around the house since she’s 80.

4 Likes

im 40 in a few days and just moved out if my parents house almost a year ago and bought a cheap house far from them in a cheaper part if the country

3 Likes

My mom and I are considering buying a house together. I live alone on hud atm. But she is about to retire and I floated the idea yesterday. She lives with her boyfriend right now. I don’t know how it’s going to work. She can’t afford her own place on retirement but has money saved. So she’d buy the house and I’d pay the utilities.

2 Likes

I live with parents im 36. I pay rent but its like 700 versus if i was out on our own it would be like 2500-3000. And buying a home is very pricey in various parts of the country now unless ypu want to live up north.

Lots of people are staying at home longer and longer due to that.

3 Likes

It’s better than being homeless. I have no where else to go.

4 Likes

I’m 53 and still live with dad.

The problem comes when dad goes which is getting closer and I’ve 4 other Siblings who the estate goes to too. That is when things get interesting.

5 Likes

Im 47 going on 48 living with my parents dont intend to move out was diagnosed with schizoaffective when I was in my mid 20s I pay rent to live here every first of the month when I get my ssi check and I do drive run errands keep myparents company do household chores to me its normal and Sometimes I wonder and worry about what I will do and where I will live once my parents are gone.I will cross that bridge when it gets here right now I live in the moment

2 Likes

I moved back in my Mom’s place end of February. There is always food. Don’t have to pay rent. There is WiFi, a fireplace, a garden.

It’s not that bad.

1 Like

Live by myself, got a big house thinking of getting a room mate or cat because it gets lonely

1 Like

When I am widowed, I will have to move back in with my mother, and then my sister once my mother passes.

We’re very close. And I don’t feel too bad about that. I’ve long since accepted that I am incapable of living alone due to my mental illness.

I’m currently only 53, but my husband has been diagnosed with a degenerative illness for a year and a half.

2 Likes

Bless your heart, @Shmookitty .

To the OP, I have an apartment but I can’t stand a lot of the people who I live around.

It has it’s ups and downs. I don’t get lonely as much as I used to, but I have lived with family before.

So all of you who live with family or parents please don’t feel bad, because sz is really one of the toughest diagnoses to have.

We all need support and a lot of it.

:heart:

2 Likes

I’m 65, and I’ve lived in an assisted living center since I was 42. That’s a third of my life. I have no complaints about where I live, but I don’t like our companion assisted living center. It’s got so many factions, and everyone has to walk on tip toes around each other. That sucks.

1 Like

All I can say is my opinion that some people need to move out of their parents house. I mean, if you are depressed or it’s not working out for any reason. Then I’d suggest a group home or getting a housing voucher. I couldn’t live on disability otherwise.

I am 38 and still live with my family…

3 Likes

Turns out my mom and I probably wont be doing the house thing. I’ve been living alone since 2011 and fully not in anything they own since 2016. I’m on hud. I lived in an apt house thing my dad owned before hud. I paid utilities there. I see nothing wrong with living with your parents. If you guys get along it’s fine. I kinda wish I had someone close to live with sometimes. It’s almost easier that way. That’s how they used to do it and still do it in some countries anyways.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.