Anyone on olanzapine or risperidone and doing well?

please share 151514 any side effect

risperidone was good on for me for some while. The sideffects were increased anxiety, panic attacks with some paranoia, sensitivity to caffeine, dry ejaculations. In the end i relapsed whilebon risperidone and got switched to another AP.

1 Like

are u doing well now?

im on haldol now, feeling less anxious, no panic attacks, but feel more tired on it. While i was on risperidone i managed to finish studies and work at the same time. At the time risperidone was a miracle drug for me. Also avoid alcohol and cannabis while on it because it gives you paranoi as it makes risperidone stop working

1 Like

it worked for me one year ago, not quite sure now though

My mum is doing very well on olanzapine, she just gained a bit of weight.
I tried risperidone and it was bad for me even at 1mg: nausea, headaches, couldn’t stand up.

1 Like

I take risperidone dont get much side effects i just feel kind of sleepy sometimes and less energetic

1 Like

I am on 4mg Risperidone, only side effect is negative symptoms which I didn’t have on Abilify. But Abilify gave me worse side effects, addictions and hypersexuality. I will stay on Risperidone until Vraylar comes out and then decide which is better for me.

3 Likes

I’m on olanzapine. Doing alright in general and able to work part time.

Side effects: Drowsiness in the morning(I have to have a job that starts 10am or later) and somewhat flat emotional, and some issues with motivation. Bad metabolism, hard to keep weight down. Very bad libido, almost non-existent.

Also it crashes with alcohol, even if I just drink one beer. I either have to wait like 3 hours minimum before taking the drug or face the concequenses next day. I have given up alcohol mostly. Only drink alcohol free or light beer now.

I am asking my doc for a switch to another drug. Although olanzapine works for me, I’m hoping there is something better with less side effects. But it’s good to have something that works. I can always come back to that if things go sideways.

4 Likes

I’m on Olanzapine highest dose 20mg

Has completely got rid of my positive symptoms - bad side is weight gain and lingering negative symptoms such as low motivation and apathy

The negative symptoms seem to have flatlined somewhat - they are not increasing but they have consistently been reduced and now are at a reasonably low level, but they’re still there

1 Like

I’m on olanzapine - have been for 13 years and only one hospitalization and that was for pneumonia.

3 Likes

Do you have side effects @PinCushion?

I’m on 3mg of risperidone and so far I’m feeling ok on it.
Not so sedated and I’m no longer lying down on the couch all day long.

3 Likes

it seems they are fairly good meds

1 Like

No side effects. My sugar is a little high but I think that always was true. We’re watching it and if necessary my pdoc said he’d change to another med.

1 Like

I do well on zyprexa/ olanzapine. It’s a good med for me and besides sedation there’s not really any side effect issues. I take 10 mg.

2 Likes

I am on both risperidone and vraylar. They seem like a good combo at least for me. I hope you have good luck when it comes available for you.

1 Like

Olanzapine 7.5mg gives me relief from most of my symptoms without side effects. Higher doses had side effects.

1 Like

I take 10mg olanzapine at night as needed and it seems to work soon after- be it myself or the meds- it tones down my auditory/visual hallucinations.
I’ve also been on risperidone years back when I was first diagnosed. It didnt do much or maybe I didnt take it long enough or was on too low of a dose. It also made me pass out in the back seat of my friends car while on vacation before I learnt to take it at night.

I’m on Risperdal Consta shots among other AP’s, and I’m doing really well psychologically. I have pretty bad constipation from it, tremors, akathisia, dry mouth, no libido, and totally ruined creativity on the piano.

1 Like