Anyone on benzos?

I’m on Geodon AP, Cogentin and 4mg of Xanax per day for anxiety and panick attacks. I just added CBD cape recommended on the forums here and it helps a little. But I’m wondering if I’ll be on Xanax forever. I’m afraid to stop.

How are you managing your anxiety?

I used to take 1mg Klonopin for anxiety/sleep, but didn’t need it after I switched to Abilify.

I’m prescribed 1 mg of ativan, but I only take it once every 2-3 months, if my anxiety gets too bad. I use CBD flower as sort of a PRN (with my pdoc’s permission). The flower works great for me.

Wow I Amy be dependent on my Xanax. I’ve been on it 10years+ daily. Docs are a little concerned but afraid to to me off them at this point.

I take 1mg of Klonopin a day. :cow::cow::cow:

2 Likes

@GrayBear how long have you been on klonipin?

1 Like

I know it is not a benzo, but I take Buspar as well, for anxiety. :horse::horse::horse:

I take a small dose of Klonopin only if I’m leaving my house and going to places that make me uncomfortable.

So I take it maybe 4 times a month or so.

I’ll take some also if I’m feeling too manic.

Probably about a year. :lizard::lizard::lizard:

I’ve been taking 1.5mg of klonopin everyday for almost four years.

I figure I’m hooked.

It’ll be hard to get off of them when the time comes,

But I’m not going to worry about it now.

2 Likes

Everyone seems to be taking benzos in moderation. Which I would like to be less dependent on it

Be extremely careful going down on the Xanax. Benzodiazepine withdrawals are extremely serious and can sometimes result in death in extreme cases. If you’ve been taking that much for 10+ Years than it may take several months to taper off

2 Likes

dont get hooked on benzos

holy hell 4+ mg of xanax for over ten years??. youre gonna need to do a really slow taper if u ever want to stop taking up. the ashton manual has info about the safest way to stop benzos without having seizures and extreme mental and physical withdrawal

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m thinking about how much I depend on it and if anxiety would be better managed some other way. But I’m afraid to get off it. Too.

i take lorazepam when i really need it… but that happens only once in a while… and usually my gp doc then tells me to take one.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.