Anyone here taking ambien?

My pdoc prescribed it today.5mg.I heard it can make you sleepwalk. I sleepwalked on Zoloft. I’m nervous about starting it.what is your experience with ambien?

1 Like

I used to take 10 mg 4 tablet a day…

I have never taken it before but I know a ■■■■ ton of people sleep walk on it so watch out for that, I think it works well for people but the sleepwalking is not good and it is abused a lot because it is very addictive Eminem used ambien a lot and talked about it in his music just be careful with it I have heard alot

1 Like

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread was the song Careful What You Wish For by Eminem…and the movie Role Models…I’ve never taken the pill ever.

1 Like

I’m probably not going to take it every night. Well I imagine if I sleepwalk I’ll stay in the house. If I do I’ll probably not take it anymore.

I got a shot of it in the ER one time after (almost) escaping my leather restraints.
The nurse commented it has the same properties as alcohol in the body.

I take it , really gives me a good night’s sleep. No side effects from it. I just take it when my schedule gets messed up or I drink to much caffeine. I like it because it knocks me out in about 15 minutes. And when I wake up I’m not groggy.

1 Like

Just don’t fight it…that’s how u abuse it…not to give u ideas…go to sleep when it tells you to. That’s what ive always been told

1 Like

ambien triggered my first psychotic episode
caused vivid hallucinations
be careful!

1 Like

Thanks for the insight.

Ambien is a good sleeping pill 5mg is the lower dose 10mg is the higher doseage.
If you are afraid of doing things when you are asleep, then have someone in the house with you until you know how Ambien affects you.

1 Like

Ambien will put you to sleep. I have used it before but I take Lunesta. For some reason doctors seem more likely to prescribe it. Trying to get Ambien seemed like trying to pull teeth. I begged for it every night during my third trip to the hospital. Was awake for five days straight. They would only give me Remeron.

It’s good you have a script for it. Will definitely help you sleep. My wife takes it too. She used to take Seroquel for sleep but it made her stomach get real big.

1 Like

when I was psychotic in the hospital and refusing to take meds, I could barely sleep at all except when I took ambian a few times. It really helped me out cause I was so very psychotic at the time, nights were filled with vivid hallucinations. It probably helped save me more brain damage from lack of sleep, but I can see how it can be addictive so please be careful with that and don’t take more than what’s prescribed.

■■■■ all now its broken me out in rashes.have to stop taking it.

I have taken it only in hospitals. I typically have a terrible time falling asleep in a hospital, and yeah, the Ambien did next to nothing for me. I don’t know which strength they were giving me, probably 5 mg. I’m sure if I had been taking it at home it would’ve helped me sleep.

The last time I was in a hospital they gave me Restoril the first two nights, and the third night (I was only there for 3 nights), they gave me trazodone. I slept great all three nights, but then they had me on Librium (alcohol withdrawals), so I was sleeping half the day, too.