Anyone from Portland Oregan?

Is anyone from Portland Oregan? Do you reccommend moving there? Is renting a place expensive there?

There is an expensive cost of living in Portland. My friend lives downtown in a high rise apt and luckily his grandparents pay his way. I live in Albany and it’s pretty cheap rent. Nearby Corvallis has more spendy rent than Albany but has the younger crowd with the university. Also great resuraurants!

I would recommend Oregon as a nice place to live. Low crime, environmentally inclined practices. Beautiful parks and trails.

There’s even a psychiatric emergency service called Unity in Portland. It is a really cool idea that I would like to see more of in Oregon and throughout the states. Gotta have a safety net with psych wards being usually at capacity. Vote for more and better mental health services!

I live in Portland! Renting here is ridiculous. They have a law where if they increase your rent more than 10% they have to pay you to help you relocate. So EVERYWHERE raises rent 9.5% every year. Every. Year. It’s unsustainable. We’ve been here 5 years, and we’re going to have to move out of the metro area, probably far away, next year. We can only afford one more year here.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.