New section 8 in my area

well im looking into section 8 to pay my rent. need to call Monday. it’s a new thing in my area, we didn’t have it in the past. just in the last year. it’s for people who are at risk of being institutionalized, so i think i will qualify. if im approved, i will save $500/mo but dad says that he may not count that towards my rent to own agreement. i don’t know what im going to do, i feel like im overpaying for this place, when i look at home prices around the area and nationally for manufactured homes. so basically i will have paid either 60 or 70k before i own the place by age 43. if i free up that money and go back to work i’ll be out of here even quicker. mom and dad are not happy about me wanting to move to Oregon. mom says she doesn’t like it, and dad says it’s too liberal, lol. but i really enjoy Oregon, lived there for a year and it was great, i just worry about cost of living there so im also considering a city in Georgia.

1 Like

It’s good you can get section 8 but I’m confused why your dad wouldn’t count that toward your agreement if it’s all the same to him. Also I like Oregon too. We’re thinking about going to Southern Oregon in a couple of years. Klamath Falls is nice and close to the kids. We’ve both lived there at different times and both liked it fine. It’s a good size town for us, not too big but has health care. Only problem is it’s back into snow country blah.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.