Anyone ever do anything in the Music Industry?

I need to go to songwriting classes
i did a bit of writing for theatre for 5 years
I’d love to see my stuff performed again.

currently just joined a collaboration site and it’s hopefully got enough people or just the one right person

I wonder if you have - can tell me all you have done and what question I should have for you ? anything? please answer!

It’s very scary starting
I know my stuff needs editing and i need to find a new singer / new music producer / another songwriter.

I mean one thing is - I even need to check with some of the rules of where to put verses
some ‘chorus’ or *hook can continue over 2 verses… that would lengthen the tune

I don’t even know if it really is rap and might benefit a tune!

Clueless as anyone in the world about music really
any advice would be really helpful

i actually write rap and produce. Usually rap songs are pretty simple

verse - 16 bars
hook - 8 bars
verse- 16 bars
hook 8 - bars

or something like that, i would definaly be happy to collab ive been looking to work with other artists as well

1 Like

The closest I ever got to the music industry was registering some of my music at the US library of congress, for copyright purposes. Oh, and I also signed up with a performance rights organization (BMI)

1 Like

messaged you
yeah i think i have done my 2 tracks with 4 bar hooks

I can see it going on a lot longer…

I guess the hook is just as easy to be done by the same person as the rest of the track

a lot of softer rap has a song segment from someone really famous? or is that rare?

Nope. Not interested at all. My brother wants to do sound. He works at a church but wants to go up the ladder.

1 Like

yea usually the hook is 4 bars but just repeated twice to make it a total of 8 bars, its art so in reality you can do whatever you want really. You know the saying that the trick is to “learn all of the rules, and then break them”.

Its good to have some structure but you also have to be original. I think most dance songs will do that, like have a lot of singing and instrumental parts and then have an 8 bar verse from someone famous like pitbull the rapper.

1 Like

I wrote, produced and promoted three easy listening piano and keyboard musical albums in 2011, 2012, and 2016 through my own label, MyOwnAnthony.com Two of these albums, Reflections, and Hold Me, won official recognition by YouTube.com in 2012, in their Classical Music Video category.

As of 2017,I no longer write or produce music. Today, I focus primarily upon learning the fundamentals of playing my instrument, the piano. As of right now, my instructor claims that I perform at the advanced intermediate level.

2 Likes

Yes, I am a listener. If you don’t have talent, worry not as you don’t need it. Don’t waste money on classes. If your music is good, it’ll sell well and you’ll get on the radio. If your music is bad, it’ll sell well and you’ll get on the radio.

2 Likes

I love that - yes some utter ball locks out there!

Currently looking for a female singer / songwriter in my area to collaborate with there are websites for this but it will take time

If i wasn’t a dyspraxic, ageing ex lisper… i would love to do this myself
looking for some one to record with
or if anyone here fits that - we can Skype i’d love to hear from you ?

just to see if i have anything worth working on - for a chat

Awesome still.

If you have a dream its cool…
Doesn’t matter how long ago

1 Like

Amazing!!

I guess recording is always expensive… and huge congratulations on your Youtube recognition

also focusing on playing is equally incredible
your level is one below pro - you will get there!!!

1 Like

Thank you, @Toshiko for your compliments and encouragement.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.