Any Songwriters / Musicians Out There?

Just wondering who else might play an instrument on here. It would be cool to collaborate on a song together. Everybody do their track separately, and combine them into a finished song in the end. I’ve been doing a bit of that lately because of covid-19 and it’s a lot of fun. I had a guy in England do a vocal track for me recently,

If you play/sing, at what level? Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? We’ll try to make space for everyone

Cheers

3 Likes

@anon39054230 @laetitia @zwolfgang @Heigen5 @HuckFinn you guys might want to see this

3 Likes

Okay, here’s what I’ve got so far. Is it a country song? Alt, grunge, rock and roll? How you hear it in your head?

Survive Another Midnight

I know sometimes it gets you down
When you’ve done the best you can
But Olde Man Fate, has knocked you flat
And you’re in the dark again

Don’t tell me you can’t make it
Because I know damn well you will
I know you feel like ■■■■ right now
And the voices haunt you, still

[ CHORUS ]
But I’ll be there come your midnight
A friend to Hold Your Hand
And survive another Midnight
Any way we can

5 Likes

Heya!
@zwolfgang is busy with some stuff right now but I will get the word across to him!

I have a lot of schoolwork on my hands but I will try to see if I can collaborate with you!

4 Likes

Kinda sounds like a rock and roll song? Idk. What do you think?

2 Likes

@laetitia that would be awesome!!! You are so creative, I’m sure you could contribute a lot to the song

2 Likes

Aw thank you!

Also @zwolfgang makes super awesome beats. Maybe he can help us out.

3 Likes

Absolutely…

1 Like

:tada: the lyrics look good so far!

3 Likes

Thanks. It just came to me, so I jotted it down. It seems to suit the experience of schizophrenia fairly well

2 Likes

I play the keyboard, a keytar, and the metallophone. Not a composer, just tool around with other people’s songs.

4 Likes

I love the lyrics. They are so hopeful in a nihilistic way.

3 Likes

Sort of like “nothing matters, but we can choose to matter to each other”

3 Likes

I can sing so your ears will bleed and almost keep rhythm on rhythmic sticks :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

@ninjastar nihilistically hopeful… I think you just coined a new phrase LOL

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys, this could be a lot of fun.

@Pikasaur if you can make my ears bleed, you’ve got the lead front and centre :grin::+1:

@velociraptor some keyboards would be awesome. I try to use them in almost every song now

2 Likes

I can play a bit of piano. I’m pretty good at keeping rhythm on a single hand drum. I’m rather poetic so I can write poems and lyrics. I’m an out of practice, easy listening composer as well. I’ve written over 500 pieces. What I cannot do is sing and dance.

2 Likes

@SkinnyMe have a look at the lyrics I posted at the top of this page. It still needs another verse, and possibly a bridge. See what you think or if you have any ideas.

Also, if you have an idea for a completely different song let us know. What I posted was just the first kick at the can so to speak

2 Likes

@Cragger , your chorus is perfect as it is. You have two verses which are both perfect as written. You only need about two or three more verses to make the song complete.

Remember, a rock song like this, should be about 3 minutes long or more.

2 Likes

@SkinnyMe thanks, I’m glad you liked it. If you have any lyrics or even one line that sounds good… Let it fly. I’m kind of drawing a blank on how the rest of the song should go

2 Likes