Anyone else feel like they’re never going to recover?

I feel like I have made so much progress in the last 6 months. The world feels like a real place and not just a hell realm created to make me suffer, so that is progress… but I still have so far to go. Even if I do get more stable, I feel like I’ll never get over some things I’ve experienced. Like, I don’t know if I’ll ever stop thinking that there is something weird about these electronic devices… Anyway, it feels like I’ve come a long way, but i still have a really long way to go, and I really don’t know if I’ll ever recover fully. Anybody else been through this or feel this way?

6 Likes

I’m probably not ever going to recover fully… been too much for me. But I don’t know. Voices did not go away on meds, so I don’t know what else I can say about it. I try to avoid all triggers, like reli-gions, tv, social media, people and stuff like that. That works for me when it is calm. I hope I never get another full blown psychosis, which lasted almost two years for me. But I don’t know what the future holds… can never be certain.

2 Likes

yeah the psychosis never ends for me. the antidepressants make me able to handle it at least

1 Like

If I’m able to keep stress low and on the max dose of Invega. I expect to hear voices without being full blown psychotic. I guess I have to learn to accept that.

1 Like

lol I’m on the maximum dose of invega too. At least now I’m not running around naked calling my mom a lizard, so that’s a plus. but i don’t think i’ll ever be “normal” though

1 Like

I’m also past that point. I can’t even engage for too long in normal conversation, but I’m able to do it for a while. That helps in my social contacts.

1 Like

yeah i can act normal, but it is kind of like i can’t engage for too long without it becoming apparent that i am in a different reality than they are. it kind of sucks tbh

2 Likes

I don’t know. I guess it’s a lot of hard work to stay on the path of recovery. Sometimes I’m not strong enough to put in the work it seems, so I’ll have to work on that :smiling_face:. Many people report their symptoms get milder as they get older. Probably I won’t ever fully recover, but I’m not ruling it out either.

It’s been 10 years since my original diagnosis, but I have come a very long way in that time. I just know that there is still so long to go and it is just exhausting to think about. Hopefully I can keep moving forward.

1 Like

If you guys saw me in 2013 you would be like what in the actual ■■■■ is wrong with you lol. i was in another universe at that point. I’m lucky I’m sane enough to trust people on here now. That means I have healed a lot. I just know that I have a long way to be normal, if I ever get there.

2 Likes

I too was worse off before. I have gotten much better. Especiallly the last couple of years. It provides some hope for the future.

1 Like

I like your name. It is a positive vibe and influence here. and you are normally very supportive. I kind of wish this community was in person though. i feel like a lot of people here would be interesting face to face

1 Like

idk if me and @shutterbug would get along. He would get mad at my vulgarity and attack my ankles and I’d have to hit him with a fly swatter lol

1 Like

Yeah, I guess so. Often I get lonely and it would be nice to talk with someone. A gf would fix most of that for me, so I should try to make myself available…meaning, stay sane.

The alternative is to find another chick who is insane like you. They can come at the situation with a different kind of empathy than a normie.

1 Like

Yeah. I’m holding all possibilities open, even the mentally ill :wink: The important thing is to get along and mutual like each other.

I feel like I’ve made a lot of progress these past few years but it’s still hard to get in the shower three times a week. If I lived by myself I’d only shower once a month.

There were times when I was thinking, “Oh God, my whole life is going to be this way.” I’ve kind of gotten over that now. Life ain’t bad.

2 Likes

I have recovered 100% from positive symptoms.
I gave up on recovering from negative and cognitive symptoms as the only thing that helped these made positive symptoms worse, reducing AP dose and/or boosting dopamine.

1 Like

I am also free of anxiety and other mental illnesses.

2 Likes