Anybody like to hike? i love to hike!

not great hiking in this area of the country, little trails here and there to do when im bored, but no long hikes. i think the perfect distance for a hike is 8 to 12 miles depending on terrain, i get good exercise and i feel like i can relax the rest of the day. usuallly these length of hikes take about 3 to 4 hours. i havent gone hiking since dad’s bday back in march, but when we go vacation in a couple weeks we are going to do multiple hikes. i always take hiking trips it seems.

2 Likes

a couple years ago i bought a pair of hiking boots for $140 dollars which is a lot of money for me, and i don’t even like them they are not that comfortable, i don’t know why i thought they were comfortable when i tried them on. im lazy shopper, get in get out, i make mistakes shopping haha.

1 Like

I like to hike within the context of going out birding. I seriously need a decent pair of hiking boots though. But I strap on my hydration pack and off I go.

1 Like

I hike as much as I’m able to. I really enjoy it. Can’t hike straight up the side of a mountain like I used to, but I push myself as hard as I can where I still can. I love the All Trails app for Android. Have a paid account.

3 Likes

o yeah i think my mom uses that too. the all trails thing.

1 Like

one time in colorado we saw a moose, or maybe it was an elk, but i think it was a moose. it walked right across the trail me and mom were on. a 8 mile down and back up a mountain to a waterfall.

1 Like

it’s something Phil and I can agree to do together,
unless his hip is bothering him.

we love Pallisades hiking path, it’s windy and up and down with hundreds of steps in the woods. I’ll try to post a pic.

have fun. hope you’re not mad at me.

2 Likes

no not mad at you, i know you’re just being yourself, and i respect that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.