Any success stories on weight loss and excercise?

I am way to much overweight and very unfit. Every day I keep promising myself that tomorrow I will walk a little bit more…but that tomorrow never comes. I walk for about ten to fifteen minutes every day. Most part of the day I spend on my bed.
How do I get motivated? I know motivation is a problem for us but I’m sure I’ll feel better about myself once I am more fit and lost some weight.

well I noticed I got a lot better after stopping alcohol and switching meds.

2 Likes

I quit alcohol 10 years ago although I still have the odd beer sometimes. I’ve been steady on meds the past seven years. The motivation constantly evades me.

1 Like

Am with you on this. I spend 95% of my time in bed. Lack of motivation kicks my ass.

1 Like

yeah mine is just fluctuating - on some meds I was doing great - on some meds completely lazy and unstable. Right now on Abilify it has improved.

1 Like

Im thinking about going to the gym right now. Im drinking a pre workout but i just dont know if i can make it. After switching meds and cutting out alcohol i dropped 20 pounds though

1 Like

That’s exactly is me. I get to stand up to do something but once I’m up I want to lie down again. Sometimes, with enough rest beforehand I get to do my washing or something small around the house. In between or once it is done I’m on my bed again. It is even to tiresome to sit in a chair.

I’m also on Abilify and I am actually doing a bit better than with the other AP’s. My cognitive function has improved a little bit and my social withdrawal is a little bit better. I do suffer with short term memory a lot.

20 Pounds is good. That’s almost 10 kilograms. Well done! I need to loose 20 kilo’s to get on par with my body mass index.

1 Like

I saw a dietician for a year, and I had to calorie count. I lost 20kg = 44lb during that year.

Then over Christmas I stopped calorie counting and gained back about 5kg.

I’m on abilify too. But I take a bcomplex with it to curb abilify induced hunger pangs.

2 Likes

My medical aid pays for only one dietician visit per year. That is no good. They just weigh me in and send me away with a boring diet…till next year.

Download myfitnesspal and calorie count yourself.

1 Like

That is something I never thought about. Thanks, I’ll give it a try😀

1 Like

I’m on three different atypical AP’s and an SSRI antidepressant and two years ago, I lost over 50 pounds in spite of all of this medication. And I’ve been keeping it off all of this time. I did it by counting all my calories every day on a popular calorie tracking app. Never drinking my calories, and doing yoga every single day for at least 20 -30 minutes a day. Also by practicing piano every day. That burns calories too. I also take the stairs in my apartment building every chance I get. I drink plain water throughout the day. This is my secret in a nutshell. I am 5’8" and female and I weigh 149.0 pounds. My BMI is 22.3 This is not a diet, but a lifestyle that I plan on maintaining the rest of my life as long as I am able.

3 Likes

That is an inspiring post @loveaguilarg. 50 pounds is awesome. But then again you’re alot more avtive than me in that you do yoga and play the piano. If only I can reach that level of drive and motivation. Thank you very much for your positive reply.

1 Like

You’re most welcome! God bless.

1 Like

When I was on aripiprazole, I lost 12 kg. I exercised a lot (5 times a week, I went jogging, Pilates and went walking). It’s a success story, but you know, it’s just a story. You make your own.

2 Likes