Any one else afraid of Blood test results?

I finally made an appointment for blood work, I have deep veins and its always a pain in the neck to get blood out of me.

I am always afraid of the results from these blood tests, always anticipating the worst!

I am deathly afraid from them finding cancer or another disease - I hate seeing the doctor, but I did manage to make an appointment to see my family doctor next week.

Anyone else have a fear of seeing doctors and getting blood tests done?

Man, my anxiety gets in the way of everything - I am a big Hypochondriac!

I had bloodwork last week bc of a mysterious ill feeling that I have had for months. I went a little squirrelly waiting for the results-daydreaming the worst and alternately calming myself. I hope all is well.

1 Like

Yeah Im really checking for Testosterone and Prolactin - depending on the results, it might be the end of me taking Risperdal, as it affects hormones in the body.

Also seeing how my Kindneys and liver are doing.

I plan on getting a copy of my blood test results and going over with it with my pdoc also.

I’ve been putting off blood tests because I’m afraid what the results might be. Suspected diabetes last time. Putting off getting a confirmation.

1 Like

Risperdal altered my body, hormones and heart issues. Hopefully it’s not messing you up.

I’ll know more soon, thanks

I kinda had the exact opposite reaction last time I went to the doctor. I developed a moderately sized very hard lump under my collar bone after I started working at my last job - which still hasn’t gone away long after I quit - and when I went to the doctor to have it examined I was honestly hoping it was cancer because I was in a really bad place at the time and just wanted to die as soon as possible. I however was disappointed to find it was just a bruised area or something.

I can’t say the idea of my death upsets me at all still but I’m not really in a hurry at the moment to find out what it’s like.

1 Like

i’m always nervous when they check my blood sugar because I am over weight and my parents both have diabetes.

1 Like

Yes I was sure about this too. They did not find anything. But ofcourse, I thought, they just didn’t check for the rare type of cancer I have.

Boy you gotta love the ways of the SZ. Predicting these twists and turns of your mind upfront helps sometimes though.

1 Like

I’ve been on Risperdal since 2013 and they’ve never once checked my hormone levels. It’s reason #4,892 why I am going to see my stepmom’s pdoc.

1 Like

Hi I too have a fear of blood tests -they are a nightmare. … it can be awful with deep veins here too

Take care Kate xxx :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

no…because afterwards they give me a lollipop !?! :lollipop:
take care :alien:

1 Like

I imagine most people would be nervous as a blood test is taken to test for irregularities

1 Like

Not a good idea to put it off. Not getting a blood test done is not going to change whether you really have diabetes or not. You really want to know if you have diabetes as soon as possible so you can start treating it right away.

2 Likes

I’m not afraid of results but I am nervous about having a test in the autumn/winter when I have to take a coat off. I think it’s worrying that they’ll get annoyed if I take too long to get the coat off and on again or something embarrassing like the zip getting stuck half way. I have a phobia about it and have avoided 2-3 blood tests already this autumn/winter with another one just come through the door from the doctors.
I am ok in the spring/summer months.

1 Like

Before of the diagnosis I was afraid of doctors nurses and needles. Now I ask for the bloodwork. Gotta keep things in check. Mainly because of my prolactin levels and cholesterol.

1 Like