Any Grateful Dead fans around (guess im the only one)

I have been listening to the same two Dead live records constantly for three days and slowly turning in to a deadhead.

“Live at Cornell” and “Live at Boston Music hall (volume 14)”

Any deadheads around that can give a rookie a recommendation or two?

5 Likes

Maybe @77nick77 . I think he said he went to one of their concerts.

2 Likes

The Dead have some serious guitar playing. I am just getting into them.

1 Like

I Had a few of the dicks picks.

They were all good albums.

1 Like

Yes, the guitar is great… they made a load of live records, it’s difficult to find the best.

1 Like

Naw, they were really popular in the late seventies when I was in high school and I had a couple of their records but I wasn’t really into them.

3 Likes

I only know 2 maybe 3 songs: Touch of grey(bear with me.). ‘Shakedown Street’, and ‘Good Love’ if that’s even a Dead song.

Shakedown Street is good tho and stumped my more musically inclined friend.

Thanks, i don’t know those songs, but listen to shakedown street right now on spotify, very funky.

1 Like

I couldn’t get into them no matter how much acid I took

2 Likes

This is the only song of theirs I know.

1 Like

Just listening to ‘American beauty’. album. It’s better than a lot of music I’ve heard.

1 Like

I think you’re thinking of @eighteyedspy

1 Like

@bluebutterfly I like the Grateful Dead. Scarlet Begonias is a song that I have always liked. I like Franklins Tower too.

1 Like

Yes @firemonkey “American Beauty” is really good, but try to listen to the two live albums i mentioned, its really nice music. @anon97859349 - thanks, i will put on “scarlet Begonias” next.

1 Like

I tried, I really tried to get into the Dead. I like Casey Jones enough, but it’s not in regular rotation. Sorry, but maybe a bit too folksy for me? Diff’rent strokes and all that…

2 Likes

I couldn’t understand it either,for many years. The vocals are not strong, but the liverecords made me think different. The guitar that floats away, it’s so soothing. And i got used to the vocals.

1 Like

Never was a big fan, but I don’t mind some of their more popular stuff.

They were pretty popular when I was growing up and seemed to attract a lot of hippy types.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.