Any good AP addition to Invega?

Ove tried quetiapine that is definitely not for me, also haloperidol and abilify is no good. I am going to my psychiatrist soon for a co sultation either to increase Invega to the maximum or add a second antipsychotic. What additional antipsychotic you found that goes well woth Invega?

2 Likes

Bump :frowning: 15151515

1 Like

i’m on risperdal consta and clozapine. clozapine works well for me as an addition. Maybe it’s the same for you?

2 Likes

I take 12 mg Invega and 12.5 mg clozapine. But the clozapine is just an add on to help me sleep because I dream so vividly. I don’t know if that is due to the illness or the high dose of Invega.

1 Like

I used to take invega and perphenazine

I really liked perphenazine

1 Like

I don’t want really to try clozapine due to having antihistaminic properties. Antihistamine meds knock me out and make me pass out sometimes

1 Like

What did you like about it? Are you still on haloperidol now?

1 Like

The perphenazine didn’t give me any side effects and I thought it worked well. The only reason I’m not still on it is because the hospital took me off it for whatever reason. I was on it for years.

I take haldol now yea and abilify injection

And I got off invega because of rapid weight gain

What do you guys think of Olanzapine and Invrga combo? They basically work the same, if Invrga is good to br shouldnt Olanzapime be good also?

Caplyta is awesome, but it doesn’t really help with insomnia

Ive got to 2nd Caplyta it just replaced invega trenza for me, still some side effects akathesia which I take cogentin to counter and ive lost 25lbs.

1 Like

I take risperdal shot and olanzapine.
Its ok mostly, you can get sideffects.