Any autistic people here?

I think mine may have taken longer because there was no one apart from my father who could’ve provided info about my very early years . My father was 88 , and has patchy recall about how I was as a toddler , When I mentioned I was being assessed He said he could see no signs of it . That maybe was because he was thinking of the more severe cases that were the only ones to get the dx 50-60 years ago .

My sister who is 3 years younger than me provided info ,in a letter , as to how I was from the age of 8 or so. My stepdaughter filled in a form about me . It was deduced from all that that the signs of being on the spectrum had been present from very early on .

1 Like

it can be quite difficult to distinguish between autistic and SZ symptoms in the beginning (prodomale phase) , since there are a lot of autistic traits in SZ., but not in the most obvious cases like a frank psychosis, paranoia, then it’s mostly SZ, as i understand it.

Oh, because for awhile the hamster was not near your name. Either that or my eyes missed it. Did you know, I think you’re a beautiful person all around and I feel your husband is a lucky man. So… be good to yo husband, gurl!

Conceptualising paranoia in ASD

Oh, I don’t think I ever removed the hamster near my username. My hamster did pass away, though, back around September. She died of old age. She was a good hammy. I miss her.

Thank you for your compliment! I try to be good to him. :smiling_face:

1 Like

This comment put a smile to my face, I dont know why.

When I was doing time at a farm, there was this really nice guy, a little older than me, who was autistic. He had 2 little girls and he was pretty much the owner, and his farm would hold different programs, from rehabilitation, to summer camps, to after school programs etc.

He was a really cool guy, if you hung around him for a short while you could never tell he was autistic. He learned how to manage his symptoms well, through small things like pretending to check his pockets, to texting on the phone, scratching his head when he questioned himself etc.

Learned alot from the guy.

I posted this yesterday and thought I would share, it’s really heartwarming.

get back in there tear !

Yup- diagnosed in 2016

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.