Amphetamine Addiction

Anyone here ever had an amphetamine addiction of any kind?

I have and am finally clean (for about a month). I am finding myself taking large amounts of caffeine (1000+ mg) just to barely get by.

With this withdrawal plus negative symptoms of sza, I’ve not been doing a whole lot.

2 Likes

Meth is the worst drug a schizophrenic can do.
I had a problem for years. Didn’t do tons, but it was still really hard on me and made my life much more difficult than it had to be.
Good job getting clean, hope you can kick for good.
It can only get better if you can just stay away from the speed.

1 Like

I’ve struggled with addiction in the past.
I, myself, started drinking a lot more soda and coffee.

It’s not unusual.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been coming down hard for the last few days and it’s kicking me in the ass. Especially since I have sza disorder aswell. But I wouldn’t say I’m addicted. Don’t do it often.

2 Likes

Why? (Meth wasn’t my amphetamine of choice, but I’m still curious)

Thanks. And that’s the hope!

1 Like

The way it floods your brain with dopamine. It directly counteracts the beneficial effects of any anti-psychotic med. And it just disrupts your brain chemistry, which is already off from the illness.

2 Likes

In 5 days I’ll have 2 months clean. I had only fallen off the wagon for a little bit and had 6 years clean before that. I use to use quite a bit in my younger years and really struggled to quit and still mess up every once in awhile but fight hard to come off it. I just don’t like how toxic it makes my mind and body feel. It really messes with me but the draw is so strong.

3 Likes

@Leaf I’m sorry you have gone through this, too. But it helps me a little to not feel alone.

2 Likes

I wish you luck rocket.
It’s a tough thing to do; to get clean and sober.

I think it’s a great choice.

2 Likes

I got clean nine months ago. It’s difficult af, but it gets better. For me, the third month was a significant improvement. Good job getting clean. I think that’s the hardest step.

1 Like

I can’t imagine how hard it is to stop meth…I know it is super addictive and hard to control impulse?

1 Like

good job on getting clean =)
i hope you can keep it up like that.

never been addicted to drugs myself…

2 Likes

Mine was pre-meth, we’re talking three decades back. I definitely abused speed.

1 Like

I bought 100 pills of adderall 2 years ago to help me catch up on my studies, I was behind by about a month. I started taking 1 a day in the morning, then 2, then 3. Before you know it I end up injecting meth with a homeless person in my apartment. That ■■■■ will sneak up on you man

Im clean now but I ended up in the hospital after that. Became extrememly psychotic due to staying up for days at a time and started yelling at the voices. My roommate took me to the hospital and while I was in he packed up and moved out without telling me

Thats in the past now tho, I find tobacco and coffee helps. Not ideal but its better than meth

4 Likes

Eight years sober.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.