Americans increasingly fear violence from people who are mentally ill. They shouldn't

1 Like

If it is what I think it is, I’m ok with coerced treatment. Read the family forum for a bit and you can really see how these laws are failing our mentally ill.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve dealt with it in the work place and and at other times. People fear what they don’t understand. A lot of people can’t comprehend what mental illness is like. They see a bad story in the news and automatically think all mentally ill people are bad.

I was fired from Ford Motor Company when my boss found out I had schizophrenia. I let it slip and told a co worker. For 3 years my attendance was perfect and I did my job well. Once my boss found out I was called into the office with my boss and union rep. My boss demanded to know what medications I take. I told him it was none of his business. I also told him my work record is excellent so what does it matter? I started receiving write ups after that. About one write up a week. I didn’t know it at the time but they were building a case against me. Every time my union rep told to sign the write up and say I agree with the companies statement. In his words I’m coming out cherry with no suspension. They were writing me up for stuff I didn’t do. One day they called me in the office and fired me.

My union rep told me he was going to have it turned into a lay off and to file for unemployment. So I did and told unemployment it was a lay off. After receiving 2 unemployment checks unemployment told me I lied and that I was fired. They wanted the money back and I’m not joking 10x the amount I collected. I called my union rep he said the company will give me unemployment but I have to sign away all my rights to coming back. I royally got screwed.

I was also dating this girl and I didn’t tell her I had schizophrenia. I wanted her to get to know me before I told her. I really liked her. Her friend was friends with my aunt. My aunt told her I have schizophrenia and the girl I was dating dumped me. She said she wanted to have kids one day and didn’t want to risk them having schizophrenia.

I basically don’t even tell people anymore.

5 Likes

Tbh I am in a way scared of people with szc and psychosis disorder. What if I piss them off and then I come up in their psychosis to be harmed.
It is rare, but my mind goes to these thoughts and it puts pressure in me to people please someone if I had a partner with this condition.
Y’all gonna hate me…

I can’t imagine myself harming someone again, but maybe I would idk, hopefully not though.

1 Like

When we are sick we are unpredictable.

3 Likes

Man that is messed up. Ford should be ashamed of themselves.

That’s why I want to be a web developer or something and freelance or whatnot. I just need more money. I want to major in computer science and be a programmer. Nothing special.

I’m sorry you had to go through that.

2 Likes

I’m aiming for freelancing or remote work so I don’t have to handle office politics with my illness. If you end up not liking programming definitely look into UX

1 Like

People were telling me to go to the head of the UAW and explain what happened. My union rep caught a lot of backlash over the incident and was voted out. He was latter fired. I made friends there and people stood up for me. I have a buddy that I’ve been friends with for 20 years since leaving. He tore into my union rep in front of everybody. He said if they can railroad me like that whats to say they can’t do it to everybody else. I didn’t go to the top of the UAW. I took the unemployment and let it be. I didn’t want to go back it was a hostile work environment. It was basically war between the UAW workers and management. I had Ford Mo Co on my resume and I found a job pretty quick. It’s was less money but I was a lot happier. My new employer was extremely impressed.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.