American dream alive

Is the much hyped American dream still alive

Should people still be emigrating to the states

I was there 18 years ago, had sz even then, came back bcoz of sz

Should I have continued to stay there

Is Canada a better country than the states

I think that people have their own dreams in every country. I left America over 19 years ago because I became tired of living alone in my auto. Living in my auto was an experience. Before that my life in America was quite different. Well, I survived, travelled in many nations, visited many consular events and so on. I never had any particular dream.

1 Like

It depends. No guns allowed in Canada so less violence but in the US salaries are generally higher, things are cheaper, items and income taxes are lower.

2 Likes

Ok u had quite some experience there

So at times it’s tough to survive in America right

I aint dreaming of some america.

Here if your income is above 100k you lose 50% of it in taxes.

Yes but in my view less violence outweighs the other drawbacks

I heard from people that Canada is much better for living, less crowd also

1 Like

Yea its generally less crowded but downtown here is always crowded.

1 Like

2 Likes

Every country has it’s advantages and disadvantages. I have lived in Belgium, France, Switzerland, Singapore and US (NY) so can make some comparisons. Personally, there’s no better place than the motherland where you’re deeply rooted into the culture. Some people don’t feel at home in their country and migrate. If you’re in it for the money Switzerland is the place to be.

5 Likes

I wish I lived in Kuwait, Qatar or Emirates, their income tax is only 5% lol

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be able to tolerate the heat. Especially on ap’s.

3 Likes

Oh great u got some experience there

Really u can make good money in the Switzerland?

1 Like

The US has lots of rich people, so kind of. But more and more it’s about getting rich off others’ misfortune. And the rates of poverty are extremely high. So I’d say unless you’re already pretty rich or ​well-educated, most other rich countries including Canada are a way safer bet.

3 Likes

Oh ok

Some nice insight there

1 Like

I worked in a customer service role and my salary was about $100K. Income tax is 1/3. You also pay a Wealth Tax. My nephew was a director in Geneva and earned 300-400K. Salaries are one of the highest in the World.

2 Likes

Also I see Switzerland was mentioned. Definitely a very rich country. But their wealth is probably from even more dubious sources than in the US. I’d rather live in the US, personally, although I’m sure it’s a very nice country to live in. And obviously very beautiful.

1 Like

Wow that’s really good

That’s a lot of money

1 Like

I found very little freedom in America. There are too many criminals, trying to make sure, that no one makes them jealous. The consequences being; you’re unable to be as successful, as you could have. Then they punish you illegally, for being needy.

That is a hard question to answer. If you have money America is a better country, you can have anything your heart desires. Also the southern states have more temperate weather so if you hate the cold, snow and winter then you would be happier in the US.

I’m happy in Canada though, health care wait times are usually acceptable (and it is “free” because we pay for it collectively through our taxes), the public education system wasn’t bad, the Universities are good, the political system is stable. The food is high quality. We import a lot of American culture like music, tv , movies, etc… We have a good quality of life but we pay for it with high taxes.

1 Like