Am I possessed or is it schizophrenia?

Both terms involve a lot of illogical and misunderstood subject matter.

But I thinking you might be possessesed is more unbelievable.

Welcome to the forum.:slightly_smiling_face:

Can you swap medication?

Maybe another medication will help you.

You should talk to your Dr about changing medication because your current one is not helping you.

I have had similar symptoms and it is indeed torture.

I’m sorry you are experiencing such hardship and wish you to get better and get well and not suffer so anymore.

Remember you can get better.

I did.

Hang in there.

Hope you will be able to enjoy things again and just get better and recover.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s something messed up in the motor function area of the brain. My face often mouths the words as the voices speak them, against my will, and I’m not sure how the two have become connected. Thankfully the mouth only moves with the voices, when the voices are silent I don’t have this problem.

Iv been going to some of the same things including that the voices say that iam going to get tortured forever but I dont belive it I know that some day they will stop they also say that nothing is me and it’s all them doing stuff for me me but I still feel like I still sort of have free will but alot of my thoughts are gone and the voice in my head head is gone that used to be me but I still have enjoyment the voices even help with that and say it’s not for me but for them cuz they are experiencing though my body. It’s bad for me they give me visions and feelings of hell and my family getting tortured. It’s really bad they say that iam gonna die when when iam old or they can kill me to be a god but they say I failed cuz I smoke cigs but I dont belive that they say iam the weakest being and I think there are worst out there that smoke meth and stuff. They do some thing so I dont feel nicotine or drugs any more and say that they disconnected brain tissue and I dont belive that. They also say that they are testing me and give good thoughts as well as bad ones to see whether I accept the bad ones or negative ones they say are true but I know them not to be true. They tell the future and say they are real people not demons but I know this to be a lie to they scare the crap out of me and threaten me with pain beyond what I can understand. They seem to tell the future by making me thing or say some thing then some one else is saying or on tv. They say that all I do is them and not me any more and get really mad at me for enjoying stuff like food sex and most of all ciggorets which i am quitting tonight becouse iam tired of hearing it from them about how they are gonna torture me for smoking they also say that a trillion people are watching me becouse iam so week and cry and they give me fealings to smoke to see if I do and make a huge deal out of it. They say that there was a death game that played with every body they pasted and left me behind to be gods and iam the only one left and no one is real or them they always threaten my mom with hell or it’s not her or that she is in hell and they tell me to do stuff to save her and they say iam am the only one that is going to hell forever cuz I smoke but the fealings i get to smoke are strong and i like to smoke but the voices even said they would leave me if i quit but now they say it to late cuz i smoked. They control my body by making me do hand gestures I certain ways at times to make it seem like its them or to send me a message they also say that they will eat me or take my body out of its reality to torture and they say that it’s all in my memory that I am going to expernce it when I die and it alot or torture that they say that they do. This all started when they said that they where god, jesus, the red dragon, the virgin Mary. I even had a time where it was fun and spoke in different voices and attacked my mom which I know want me cuz I love my mom more than any thing. This has been going on for three years now and the meds haven’t been working I know it’s a sprirt cuz I saw shadow people and a flouting roting head with fire. These voices are smart as hell and are good at calculating things like what happens in video games to send a message the street names around where I live reflect my delusions which is weird or things on tv will reflect my life and tell me that I was planned as a joke to be the weakest. I know this to be a lie and god is with me but they say that they are god and he made me as a joke like I have previously stated. They set up coincidences all day long to freak me out. They also love to give me feelings In my body to boost what they have to say. I feel as though I opened my self to some demon that has been with me since I’ve been little and they talk in cartoons and show me such and say they are making a moving I hope that one day we both find a cure as iv been to many shawmans that couldn’t take them away. God bless

2 Likes

I get this a lot.

To reduce the movements, ignore them and focus on what you’re doing. It’ll go down over time. The movements might change up but keep ignoring them.

Also, if the movements try to hurt you, certain weightlifting exercises help specifically lat pull downs and tricep dips. It will limit your range of motion so you can’t hit yourself.

Guys, stop encouraging OP’s delusions. They’re not possessed. Also, see the guidelines for the rule against religious content.

3 Likes

what meds did you agree too?

In my case it is not moving my body against my will, because it appears I no longer have free will - I am unable to move my body, or say things whether out loud or in my mind. This “spirit”/“condition” is controlling my body 100% of the time, as far as I can tell from how I feel my body. It is however making moves against my “theoretical” will (what I would do), or other words against a rational mind. This post was also written by this spirit/condition, not Rein (although it was written on his behalf and from his perspective) - as far as he can tell. Rein is now just an observer in the background, unable to have any say in what the mind or body does.

Lorazepam on morning and noon, Quetiapine before going to sleep. Last time I was in the hospital they removed daily antipsychotic because it didn’t help and my condition didn’t worsen, and added Quetiapine because I had trouble getting sleep. My next appointment for the doctor is in December.

There is nothing I can do if this spirit/condition decides to hurt me or someone else. Nothing stopped it from cutting my wrist in attempt to kill me. The attempt was only unsuccessful because even though it cut pretty deep the blood was dripping slowly so it called the ambulance instead after seeing that I won’t die.

It doesn’t sound like you’re on an antipsychotic then ? Also Quetiapine actually made me worse.

You need to get on an antipsychotic that works for you.

See if you can get an earlier appointment. December is a long way off.

Whether it is a delusion or reality I cannot tell, because considering the symptoms it is impossible to tell whether it is a spiritual possession or something the brain has composed/revealed (unless you believe that spiritual possession is only fiction). The reality is, that an entirely new character is now in control of my body. That character seems to be in part composed of how I used to act (it walks and does a few things just as I would have done), and in part entirely new behaviour. That new behaviour does not follow common reason, and can be split into three types:

1. Sometimes the purpose why it does certain moves or actions is unknown, such as, without any thought or emotion being behind it, threatening to kill me or my relatives, (verbally, as a fake concept/thought in my mind, or a combination of the previous and a physical movement towards completing that action - like me suddenly going to the next room to take two metal bars which I could then stick in the wall socket), or doing some of this:

Do you see any logical purpose to do any of this?

1. At other times the “condition” apparently wants to prove that I’m possessed by a spirit. An example of this is voices just now telling me “We’re now going to show you are possessed by a spirit.” and me suddenly standing up to jump up and down, flapping my hands like wings.

2. Finally there is something the voices call the “program”. This supposedly controls all of the symptoms. Part of its doing is creating a VERY STRONG AND BAD feeling (seemingly physical, worse than pain) in my body (which the voices rightly call torture) forcing this “spirit” to pretty much jump out of the bed to go walking, because that is the only remedy to it, excluding a few other actions the voices consider important - that “program” is intelligent enough to recognize them and then limit the amount of torture it applies to me, or removes it completely, and that change happens pretty quickly. Yet another unreasonable behaviour - why would it force me to walk all day long is beyond me. And over time it increased the amount of torture it applied, even during walking. Regarding the brain composing things, do you see any random glitch or chemical imbalance in the brain to create such intelligent and bad (or evil, even) activity? Luckily, for now, that period is over, and now I just lie in the bed. The inconvenience is not entirely over, though. Now I still feel bad sensations in my head and body as I mentioned in my first post, at times, and they, too, disappear (sometimes temporarily) when doing certain actions.

The brain is extremely complex so I suppose extremely complex symptoms like those u are describing could happen. Think about when you are dreaming it feels real too and all the things that happen during dreams are due to the brain.
I think.

Wow, you are strong to be going through this. I feel I have a small amount of free will left while in this body. But the continuous manipulations with some sort of device (this is what I literally hear and feel throughout my body while simultaneously hear the voices saying things about it going into my body) leave me in a constant state of fear so I purposefully stay away from anything and everything as much as possible. What Rein is going through is an incredible challenge to overcome, but I believe with time there is a possibility he can get through this some way, or at least lighten the amount of negative experiences that are occurring.

1 Like

A Catholic here. Someone said that I was possessed. Priest found nothing wrong. My priest in Canada was like “you sure you don’t need to see a psychologist???”

So no, you are not possessed. You sound like my early years with this condition. I used to hear “God” or someone trying to harm me or follow me. I used to see hallucinations clinging to bus windows. I even had one of my hallucinations come in to my dorm room and tried to kill me.

You will be okay!! Take your meds as prescribed. If you are thinking of harming yourself go to the ER.

1 Like

Since I have no thoughts (as mentioned my mind is just blank most of the time) I cannot think of harming myself. If my “schizophrenia” wants to kill me it’ll just do it, or at least attempt to. I will have no control over my body, and I’ll just be observing then while having no clue what my body is about to do.

How long have you been going though this?

It induced a memory loss at the beginning apparently. I can remember being in the hospital from summer 2018, but I have records of me acting odd from February 2018.

This is exactly how I describe what occurs with me

The vids look like a bad case of dystonia is happening you should talk to you doctor about the meds your taking sometimes antipsychotics they can do that to you typically the fist gen. I had to take meds for Parkinson’s disease to help counter act any dystonia from some of my meds I took.