Am I disabled?

Just wondering. I have ASD although it wasn’t severe. My daily functioning level isn’t the most high functioning though and I’m not just ”lazy”.

My psychosis doesn’t seem to be disabling at the moment at least, I don’t have strong negatives or positive symptoms at all etc

No one is perfect try to live the best possible life with what you have.

For me ASD isn’t really a disability at all. It just means I come across introverted by others.

In terms of actually functioning, I focus on what’s said and less on what’s felt. In some ways, you can even be perceived to be a psychopath because of this.

I’m not sure what you mean by lazy though. I’m not sure how that correlates to ASD, I’d have said that is a Negative symptom of psychosis.

I have a fear of getting myocardial infraction if I exercise or even if I go outside since I feel like I have a cold or flu almost all of the time

It’s the primary cause for my ”low functioning” behavior and it has been going on for over a year… how to get rid of it

I mean that people perceive me as lazy because I’m not the most high functioning person in reality

I have derealization when becoming psychotic, I also have it when I got the flu. Perhaps it is similar.

It’s not derealization I just feel really cold and have chest pain

@Crystal-Cotton You would very likely fit this category.

Yeah I know about that and agree with you :slight_smile: I actually had a Discord server about grade acceleration and giftedness in general

1 Like

It’s a category I’d have very likely have fitted if it had been in use during the early 1960s to mid 1970s .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.