Am I being irresponsible?

I woke up after sleeping 3 hours and tried to get up. Why didn’t I want to sleep, I was sleepy?! I laid back down on my couch and slept 2 more hours. I seem to like sleeping in the daytime and not at night but if I do I won’t sleep that night. Is this being irresponsible? It concerns me and makes me feel guilt.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about it. If you feel tired sleep. If you don’t have any appointments it’s not that important when you sleep.

1 Like

Ive noticed a trend that alot of Schizophrenics have strange sleep patterns (i do as well). I put it down to the medication.

Dont worry about it - you will sleep when you need it eventually.

Certainly nothing to feel guilty about. Are you worried people might think your lazy?
Dont be. They havent got our condition - so probably have no idea. x

1 Like

Maybe stop being so hard on yourself… you are ill. Cannot hold yourself to anyone’s standards when being ill. Took me a long time to figure out myself, due to society pressure and lack of understand about mental illness.

I do this so often. I have disturbed sleep, nightmares and fibromyalgia, so it’s uncomfortable to sleep in the same position for too long.

I don’t think it’s irresponsible, just how things go sometimes.

How many hours do you usually aim to sleep a night? Maybe try to limit your sleep in the day if possible, then you may sleep better in the night.

I like to sleep 7 or 8 hours at night if I can. I can’t manage to limit my daytime sleep hours. I always sleep 4 hours or more. Something always wakes me up but I go back to sleep. I just don’t care anymore, I don’t care enough to struggle to stay awake, it’s too tempting to go back to sleep.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.