Alcoholic much?

I think I am quickly becoming an alcoholic.

why do you say that?

Don’t do that because you may reach a point of no return as I have.

Although dying of alcoholism will probably be pretty bad I can’t even begin to fathom life without my 6 pack so I’ve elected to soldier on.

I think about my next drink nonstop. I drink to get drunk, I drink often. It is taking more and more to get me drunk

I used to drink seldom - that’s how it begins - to numb the pain I was feeling. But always kept my head out of the water. I don’t know why. Maybe booze doesn’t do it for me. Maybe it made me feel even more depressed and I didn’t like that feeling. There was something wrong with it.

I’m an alcoholic, but I went to alcoholics anonymous and now I don’t drink. I was exactly the way you’ve all described.

4 Likes

Not wanting to divert the attention from the focus of the thread I would like to say that these two things share one thing in common, tobacco (from experience) and alcohol (from what I hear) once recovered from alcohol and tobacco one cannot touch it again.

1 Like

Do things so you don’t think about it.

I really meant what I said before, a real alcoholic doesn’t THINK about the next drink they FEEL it.

Stay strong!..you can do it.

May God Bless You for your efforts.

when you start hiding the bottles like i did…when i was 16…that is very telling.
instead of every drink being alcoholic…
have an alcoholic drink then a barley cordial with ice…or sparkling organic apple juice with crushed ice and mint…mango passion fruit smoothie…ice coffee…then another alcoholic drink.
this way you are dispersing the alcoholic beverages.
also if one of your kids gets ill and you have to drive , you won’t be able to… worth a thought !?!
take care :alien:
…

3 Likes

Great advice sith!

1 Like

I’ve been an alcoholic for a long time now. One thing that happened with me, and I don’t know if it would happen with anyone else, was that when they gave me the Haldol decoate shot it totally changed my body chemistry in regard to alcohol. I used to drink over thirty beers in a day. Now I can only drink 11-15. It varies. I don’t go into a blackout and do crazy things as often. The Haldol pills had no effect on my drinking. It was the shot. Maybe if it gets bad enough you might try the Haldol shot to change your body chemistry in regard to alcohol. I don’t know how bad it is for you, but alcoholism is usually pretty horrific. They say that blackouts and personality changes are real red flags when it comes to alcohol.

1 Like

You should never mix alcohol with those prescription meds because it’ll turn on you eventually.

Do you think The Disease (sz) is using the booze to try to distract you from the anxiety, sadness, grief, guilt, shame, remorse, regret, frustration, resentment, whatever that comes up with The Disease?

Does it seem (yet) that the booze actually feeds The Disease and makes it worse? Or is it still (seeming to) make it “better?”

Is it evident to You yet that the booze is dis-inhibiting?

1 Like

I know that. The way I look at it, that is just that many fewer years the tax payer will have to support me.

Holy moly. Are you having your liver enzyme levels checked regularly? Booze + psych meds (usually) = liver problems.

Yeah that’s kinda where im at…but seriously be careful crimby.

I’ve never had my liver checked. The way I look at it, if I don’t see it, it can’t hurt me.

I stopped drinking and then went to AA. It was great for me!

Jayster

1 Like

LOL!!!..15 of them

Before I got the Haldol shot I would start in the morning, and by the end of the day I would drink over thirty. The amounts of alcohol alcoholics can consume is shocking. I’ve come across alcoholics when I went to AA who at one time in their lives drank a half gallon of whiskey a day.