Alcoholic much?

Sounds awfully familiar. Or it did, over 23 years ago. Might be time to look into a 12 Step program? Or some sort of help?

Pixel.

2 Likes

Oh yeah maybe 10-15 yrs ago I was killing a 1/5 of RNR a day and that kinda consumption surely contributed to my mental state.

Keep an eye out for DTs. They can be fatal. Fast heart rate and insomnia are frequently seen if alcohol is abruptly stopped.

1 Like

Iā€™m on a whiskey diet. Iā€™ve lost three days already.

Just kidding . . .

Jayster

1 Like

Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one - and let the other one off.

J.

3 Likes

LOL!! I havenā€™t lost many days but those that I have lost were done on the classic ā€œfire waterā€.

Samples. Stop drinking! If you have the ability to stop, then stop now. Once you cross that line there is no turning back. Alcoholism is a lifelong affliction. It could wreck your marriage and lead to your possibly losing your children. Quit drinking for yourself and your family.

Life is funner without booze. It may not seem like it but it is. You think life is hard now, but alcoholism will make it many, many, times harder. C.mon, you have everything to to stay sober for. A family, a job, a home. Do you want to lose all that? Be smart and quit while you can. I believe you have the courage to quit. As surprisedJ says all the time: Iā€™m rooting for you.

4 Likes

Whats the charge?

Whats that called anyway?

I drink to get drunk when I drink. I drank before the 4th of July because I was still smoking cigsā€¦now that I am on day 4 of stopping smoking I know I canā€™t drink anymore because I would probably have a cig to go with it. I am sorry you are drinking heavily @samples32

1 Like

https://ncadd.org/learn-about-alcohol/alcohol-abuse-self-test

1 Like

I started drinking at 14 im 30 now. I used to get drunk 2-4 times a week before meds. When i was put on meds i didnĀ“t drink for 7 months then i started again. Now i drink 1-2 times a week. I drink to get drunk. Im not addicted. I can stop. But i dont want to because it relaxes me. When i drink all my anxiety and worries are completely gone! Only joy remains. Life is stressful,what can i do. Alcohol is an important part of my life i guess. I limit myself to 1-2 times a week and i dont go over that.

I know how it feels samples, i too felt the same. I too was thinking about my next drink. I was bullied a lot in my life and alcohol helped me get through most of the bad stuff. I dont know how i would survive otherwise i had no one to talk to about this stuff!

1 Like

Maybe you could talk your husband into getting help overcoming the drinking before attempting a religious anti-demon retreat?

2 Likes

That is it, that is exactly how I am going about it. I am going to quit though. Back to holiday sips for me.

I wish you luck with that. Every time I tried that I wound up in the drunk tank. Total abstinence is the only thing that has ever worked for me.

Pixel.

2 Likes

I second what @pixel said. Not only that, but my pdoc made it ABUNDANTLY clear that psych meds and alcohol do not mix at all. Especially the Depakote and Elavil I take. I know youā€™re not on meds any more, but yes, if you are the type to drink til drunk, total abstinence is the way to go. If people here knew how much alcohol impacts their antipsychotics, this would be a much better place. Alcohol negates the AP actions.

3 Likes

Ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Booze + Meds = Dumb

Pixel.

1 Like

I take a low dose and drink 1-2 times a week. No problems and symptoms at all.

1 Like

I go with abstinence myself. Canā€™t lose.

2 Likes

My sleep is much better since cutting back on booze at the weekends. Feel a lot calmer and better at talking to people too.

1 Like

Fun costs money. Whole lots of spending money. Lots and lots of spending money.
I donā€™t think about it and I donā€™t talk about it anymore. I said way too much already.