Adding meds

Im taking 20 mg olanzapine and 500 depakote. I’m still dealing with people talking about me and I now question my whole daily experience. That is because I experience people talking badly about me, but I cant find a camera anywhere. It’s time for a med change. I just want to be done with this.

1 Like

What meds will you be taking? Risperdal or Clozapine?

1 Like

I had the paranoia issue on olanzipine too. Resperidal helped. Maybe worth a shot? Currently using abilify. It’s okay too, but as has been mentioned, can cause akithisia, excessive impulsiveness and anxiety.

1 Like

I’m going to let my doctor decide.

2 Likes

I think your making some progress to consider you have a thought disorder and that medication is the way forward. We are all different and it’s a bit hit or miss but a good doctor will get an idea of you and from other patients. I think trying for better function is a good thing but changing meds can be problematic if you need to get back on them…

Still. It’s worth a shot and I’ve done it a lot in the past to find what works for me. I’m glad I did it but I had some failures too. Good luck and have a good chat to your doctor.

2 Likes

Thankyou so much. I just hope I can be more normal. I’m living in a nightmare.

yea wanting to be normal is something we all want, but i think it’s important to accept that we won’t be perfectly normal… at least not in the sense like we will be exactly like other people…

If you had catatonia then your delusional and intrusive thoughts not feel so compelling to respond to. Since you have no catatonia you can mimic it by acting like a catatonic person. For example remain still, not respond to it, let the thoughts be there but not respond to it. A main characteristic of a catatonic person is posturing that mean they can take any position or do any action without any thought and also they can maintain any position for as long as they want. So how posturing helps when you get these false thoughts? You simply not pay attention to it, quickly disregard it as if you not care about the consequences even if the thought is true. This way you can go against the thought and remain like this not responding to it for as long as you want.

The reason I told all these is catatonia is body’s natural mechanism to deal with such bad thoughts, emotions, feelings etc so if you can act like it you can deal with such thoughts and feelings in a better way without affecting your daily functioning.

Here is a video of a catatonic schizo person. The doctor asks him many provoking questions but he not bothered and finally doctor himself got so angry due to his lack of emotional response.

Anything that makes you feel bad like that just does not exist.

1 Like

What do you mean?

To me love is real and one of the only things that exists in this world. Most things are made up of love and the rest is made up. I think your thoughts are made up because they don’t make you feel love. Ignore your thoughts if they don’t make you feel loved.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.