Addiction at it worst

I think I’ve developed an addiction to talking. It’s like a drug habit that I want to quit. It’s like I have to talk to people and I didnt use to be like this. I think it’s bad for me. I know people say I’m quiet but I think I talk to much. I just want to stop my self from the need of wanting to talk to others for entertainment I dont like it.

2 Likes

Everything in moderation. Find a balance where you can still talk but you’re not taking too much and you’re not talking too little.

2 Likes

Maybe examine why it is you feel you need to talk. Are you trying to communicate something in particular or just looking for people to connect with? I’d advise just looking at the root reasons you like to talk and go from there.

2 Likes

I think my root cause is boredom. So it fills my time which isnt good I need to find something more constructive to do with my time. Its a bad habit I want to kick.

3 Likes

Hell, if you’re going to talk too much, at least get paid for it. Try getting a job as a greeter at Walmart.

3 Likes

Are you feeling a little mania?

I’m the same with family members. I’m so quiet all the time, that when I’m around someone who I trust and will listen, I tend to talk a lot. Nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.