Ability to remember names

I am having more difficulty remembering names lately. I can still remember faces perfectly and I can remember conversations verbatim years later. Names? Nope. Total blind spot in my memory and one that seems to be getting worse. Not sure if it is the SZ, covid brain, or just getting older. Blah.

Anyone else experiencing something similar?

1 Like

I’m super good with names, pop culture facts and court cases.

I was good at those in addition to regular stuff,

But now it’s like all the good stuff has fallen in the abyss of my brain.

I honestly think it’s like a weird “selective hearing” situation.

It’s my opinion my brain just discovered I only like drag queen knowledge and disregarded everything else.

Could be 100% wrong.

Maybe on some level names aren’t as important as the other facts to you so they’re dismissed.

I don’t know.

But I’ve noticed similar,

Just sharing.

1 Like

Yes, my memory isnt what it used to be. What the cause is , is hard to say. Could be high blood sugars, Sz, the two covids, age, etc.

I also am better with faces than names.

1 Like

About two years ago I started to forget names too; I used to be really good at remembering names. I can still recall many events in my life even from many years ago. I think it’s just part of getting older; I can remember places I rode my bike 50 years ago I but can’t remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.

2 Likes

THIS IS NOT HELPING NICK!

2 Likes

Sorry, lol.

2 Likes

Thats sad to hear. I’m 51 in 3 weeks @77George77

3 Likes

My memory is not the greatest
I can probably blame my age, SZA and the meds

My long term memory is getting worse

2 Likes

OMG I nearly peed myself.

:rofl:

2 Likes

I’m having issues with my memory, for me it’s the meds. They just slow my brain down.

1 Like