Abilify helpful?

Has anyone had success with Abilify? What symptoms did it help with? Thanks

1 Like

Its helped with sz positive and negative symptoms but caused other issues after being on it for many years, 8yrs.

2 Likes

It didn’t seem to do much of anything with me. I tried it back in 2012 and became psychotic. Started having visual hallucinations. I didn’t have any side effects though.

2 Likes

I’ve been on it for 8 years and it’s kept me out of the hospital and sane all that time.

2 Likes

I switched from Invega to Abilify. It seems to be working fine for my positive symptoms.

2 Likes

Abilify for me has helped more with negatives than with positives. But too be fair no AP has been extremely helpful with positives other than delusions, including clozapine.

1 Like

Didn’t work for me, sent me into a bad place.

I know a lot of people who say it’s their best med. It all just depends how your body reacts.

I hope it helps you.

2 Likes

If it’s ok to ask, how did it help with your negatives?

1 Like

I also switched from invega to abilify injections. It was a smooth transition without any problems. It keeps me sane without the elevated prolactin I had from invega. Been on abilify 2 years now without any side effects.

1 Like

I’m able to work 30 hours a week. I don’t spend all day in bed anymore. I get things done now

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.