Abilify 30mg

So instead of risperidone my new doc prescribed abilify 30mg. Hope it works out.

6 Likes

Is that to go with haloperidol?

1 Like

30 made me agitated. I found 25 mg was my limit. I only weighed 150 lbs at that point though. If a factor. I’m not sure.

1 Like

It might work brosky…!!!

Wait and watch🐴

How was your day so far…!!!

@Om_Sadasiva

2 Likes

Yes along with 60mg haldol.

I am tired and dissociate a bit

1 Like

He said this forum is bad for my health

1 Like

I hope it doesn’t make me agitated. I will take it at nights

Oh really he may be wrong…!!!

1 Like

It took like 3-4 days till I was agitated. Like for example. I take 20 mg. If I double my dose one day by accident it’s completely fine. But if I continue to take 30+ I get real agitated.

2 Likes

High dose is never good.!!!
For some it might work…!!!

1 Like

I think 60mg of haloperidol is a very high dose. Hopefully the combo works for you though, if not it could be worth trying clozapine

2 Likes

I did well on 30mg a day for years and I only weighed about 85-95 lbs.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, my personal experience is that there was no chance of sleep taking 30mg at night instead of mornings

2 Likes

Yeah I missed that part of oms post. Abilify was originally sedating for me. Until I took it four days straight I had to switch it to morning. Everyone ms different. Because if I didn’t take my abilify for a week and then took it it’d put me right to sleep. Most people don’t report that.

2 Likes

Goodluck man interested to hear how the change from risperdal works, so keep me updated please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anybody else on the Abilify shot? I’ve been on it since February (with a one-month hiatus) and wake up early all the time now. :unamused: The dang Haldol shot is making me clench my teeth now and I hate the stupid shots.

They used to give me abilify 30mg when i was hospitalized cuz of psychotic episode. It is indeed a high dose. This made me tired and sedated throughout the day.

1 Like

I take 30mg orally I am up at 3am every day now. Kinda used to it now but it did bother me to start with.

My pdoc wants me on the shot but I don’t know what will happen as he wants me off the diazepam. I am really worried about that.

2 Likes

Aw geez that makes me cringe considering how just 15 mg side effects from Abilify for me were so awful I dropped cold turkey after literally like the first time taking that dose (which was a really bad idea, 20/20 hindsight lol, but I didn’t understand meds then and thought I was having a dangerous reaction and was gonna die or something).

Still just because I didn’t have a good experience w it won’t mean you won’t!! Good luck!!

1 Like