5 mg is not a therapeutic dose of abilify!

@everhopeful. Seen this by your name. Kinda caught me ofg gaurd. Lol. I actually had to decrease my abilify to 5mg to avoid stiff muscles. Don’t see any other meds that have helped. I started at 2mg after leaving haldol. Changed Drs needed an increase they bumped me up to 10mg stiff muscles came back. So last month they bumped me down to 5 mg. So far so good . not to stiff and have been ok so far. But no real stress yet. Whats your story on 5 mg?

1 Like

I think the official stated minimum doses are pretty accurate. I tried taking 300mg of Seroquel for a while, a long time ago, and it did not go well. 400mg is way more effective. Even if side effects are a bit worse at a higher dose, I think it is way worth it because the higher dose can work so much better.

1 Like

That wouldn’t be a problem to take the 15mg. Wish i could. But the stiff muscles get so bad i cant take the pain. Every thing i take to counter the stiff muscles. Makes me spacy and not very effective at work. Also my wife feels like someone stole her husband. So im gonna push it as long as possible might see if there is something i can take intermittently for those life stresses that seem to need a bit more for.

According to the clinical studies 5mg works for about a month and then it’s like being off meds. I’ve tried less than 10mg myself and found that to be true.

2 Likes

5 mg didn’t work for me I’m on 10 mg.

Maybe taking a small dose of a typical med in addition to abilify you’ll be fine that way right??

1 Like

If you think about it give me an update if anything changes with your dosage @anon90843118 ill do the same. I was on two milligrams for a couple months was ok but it finally caught up with me. So im hoping for the best thanks for your input.

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea, yea let’s keep each other updated on that if we remember.

1 Like

Only 10mg works for me. Doses between 2-5mg worsen my psychosis. Low doses r activating

1 Like