A supplement that may have put my schizophrenia in remission

Well, if your doctor is opposed, best not to touch them just yet. Do you have any underlying health issues that these could aggravate? (I’m not familiar with NAC, missed that one.)

Is gettiing a second opinion from a different psychiatrist an option?

3 Likes

I’m torn between thinking that’s really clever or kind of evil lol.

1 Like

I don’t tell my pdoc about my supplements for this very reason. I conduct my own research about things like drug interactions. Plus, I’m not even sure if something like “sarcosine” or “Amyloban” would even be in the pulldown menu when they put my info into the medical system software. Telling them I’m taking “a mushroom supplement” would probably make them question my judgment even more.

I’m taking the Amyloban 3399. It’s been a couple of weeks and my memory is slightly better than before. I’ll finish the bottle and then reassess if my memory is better.

iHerb seems to charge a good price for the supplement:
https://www.iherb.com/pr/mushroom-wisdom-amyloban-3399-180-veggie-tabs/44770

2 Likes

@velociraptor just because you are in a recovery program doesn’t make you superior to those who don’t use on their own powers…I don’t drink and smoke cigs anymore and I did that BY MYSELF. I don’t need your superior mode thinking because you don’t use anymore…yeah I smoke pot…big deal…

Why do you smoke pot? You have to know that’s dangerous. I’m not trying to be rude, but lately, you seem a little… volatile. Are you okay? Are you under any stress? Are you having any positive symptoms?

2 Likes

@Sardonic i just don’t like how Mr. Squirrel has been treating me…he is mean.

Mr. Squirrel seems a bit snippy with you, but he is right. Marijuana is really bad for people with psychosis.

2 Likes

I mean, and I say this out of love, it goes both ways. @velociraptor is obviously not interested in some of the things you have to say, and whether I agree with him or not, that’s his right. He doesn’t want to talk to you, so he ignores you. You’re the one who keeps calling him out. You made a thread against him, have argued with him on this thread, and have voiced your dissatisfaction with his life choices in another. I know it hurts, but no one is obligated to like you or interact with you. And honestly, you were way out of line with your weight comment. You told us that you were Christian, right? Well, in the bible, Jesus says “let he who is without sin cast the first stone.” Do you have your life perfectly together? No, you don’t. The answer is no. So with that in mind, how are you going to judge @velociraptor’s vices? Who gave you the right? Are you God? It’s okay to disagree with what others are doing. Hell, we can’t help that. It’s natural. But to continuously call out and harass @velociraptor is most certainly not okay. I’m sorry, @jukebox, I really am, but you’re in the wrong on this one. There are plenty of people on this forum who like you and enjoy conversing with you, and I myself am one of them. You’ve got to let this drama with @velociraptor go. It’s not healthy for you or the forum as a whole. :hugs:

6 Likes

@Sardonic to be quite honest he started this all when he quipped “why don’t you try to stop smoking again for the 255th time???” out of nowhere…he thinks he’s superior so I do judge him for being a jerk. He’s been attacking me not the other way around.

That’s not how it looks from over here.

1 Like

ok you guys…I won’t post on this thread because it’s like got me really depressed…the thing is “only your mother really knows how to hurt you” in other words…truth is, I respect @velociraptor one time he sent me a DVD player in the mail when I didn’t have one…I loved him and he bit me so I lashed out…I won’t post on his threads or this one anymore.

4 Likes

I remember that. I agree that such a comment was also way out of line, however that does not change the inappropriateness of your behavior. That’s why I said it goes both ways. Truth be told, you are both acting like children. Take it to PM’s (with a mod present in need be), hash it out, have a civil discussion, and quit spamming the forum with you guys’ pissing match.

2 Likes

@Sardonic yes I agree…I’m just tired and hurt from it all…I am very poor right now and I am truly irritable. I am hungry and so is Angie and that is stressing me out.

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re stressed and hungry. You’re “hangry” as my old pastor used to say at least once per service. I wish I could order you guys a pizza or something. I don’t have any money, my mom handles that for now. I doubt she would allow it, and even if she did, it is against forum rules to share your address. I know it can suck to rely on your parents, but you have to eat. Could they help you out?

edit: Can you get food from your church? At my old church, there was this program where we would pack a large bag of food for poor church and community members.

2 Likes

What about food stamps, church helpand/or a food bannk?

I’ll pray for you to quit. The 255th time is a charm. Just don’t give up.

3 Likes

we are going to make it we just have a smaller ration of food per day until the 1st than usual…no I don’t spend my money on weed…my friends come over for free if you must know. I never buy it anymore…

I’m really sorry @jukebox.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I wasn’t judging you or anything. Even if you had spent money on weed, you’re still in a sucky situation now and since we don’t have time machines, you’d still need and deserve the help. I do, however, worry about your weed habit possibly worsening your psychotic symptoms as time goes on.

1 Like

@Sardonic oh my don’t worry I get relief from my anxiety and depression from getting high a bit. I only get a small amount every couple weeks…thank you for not judging me.

2 Likes

@Rhubot @anon9798425 @Moonbeam @Ninjastar

Can we please get this locked and traffic sent over here instead?

Thanks.

3 Likes