What can a schizophrenic do for his/her recovery?
Medication, therapy, and an attitude to get better
I think I recover, slowly. I have few voices, few delusions and obsession about them, but I am saner than ever. Sometimes I try to hear voices, but nothing. Silence. I must get used to it.
I’ve been recovering ever since the first episode hit. I get a little better each month, as long as we keep the doses on my meds from being too high. I’m prone to movement side effects.
Here’s my list:
- Take meds as directed.
- Follow treatment advice.
- Do CBT/therapy whenever it’s offered.
- Do workbooks if you can’t get access to the above.
- Make small achievable lists, nail them, make more.
- Try to find ways to push yourself each day.
- Keep a recovery journal to track your progress.
- Keep a positive, recovery oriented attitude.
This is what worked for me and I’ve seen it work for many others.
I’ve been prying for you @Om_Sadasiva. I’m glad to hear that it is working.
Thank you Gina. Hope you are fine too
Medication for sure, therapy, and mostly, self-appreciation and self-love! I find that loving and appreciating yourself in this illness is really important. We’ve come so far, and we need to be proud for how strong we are
This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.