A poll about psychosis and voices talking about afterlife poll

• Yes my voices spoke n showed me hell
  • No my voices didnā€™t mention it
  • Yes I was left concerned bout afterlife
  • No I wasnā€™t left concerned bout afterlife

0 voters

if theyre telling you discouraging its like theyre trying to depress you you need to address it by ignoring them somehow or changing meds maybe

1 Like

They are not telling me this anymore. I dont hear voices atm. but when I experienced this every time Iā€™ve been ill, and it feels real, it makes me wonder about life after death. Of ourse this could just be a symbolic thing not a literal hell wen I die but my mind canā€™t help but wonder what if this is wat will happen to me wen I die. But I think as long as I try my best in life its something I should try and avoid being concerned about cos all it does is put me down!!!

i personally do not think that hell is a ā€˜placeā€™. Its possible that ā€˜demonsā€™ or bad spirits are telling you these things in order to depress you, or steer to you away from thinking about God. I think its a worthy topic to contemplate but these negative voices can make it difficult. My thoughts used to tell me the same sorts of things, but its a delusion. God loves you very much and wants you to be with him in eternal joy when we pass from these bodies. Hope youre doing well @anon90843118

1 Like

Thankyou @ThePoet :slight_smile:
Hope youā€™re well tooā€¦

Maybe having more faith would be a good thing for me. I need to speak to a priest or something see if they can reassure me like how u do. It might help this.
So far since getting ill I have never tried. After getting ill I stayed away from religion mostly.

1 Like

I had some bizarre delusions and auditory hallucinations about this kind of thing.

An auditory hallucination that claimed to work from the government told me that the government can sort of proove that God exists with secret research that they havenā€™t made public yet. It said that no one religion seems to be true, but that the government strongly suspects that reincarnation is what happens after death and even has theories that some people alive today are reincarnation of important people from the past, and that the government spies on those people.

2 Likes

Wow that sounds quite interesting

Since recovering from these delusions and voices, do you now fear afterlife or not really?

1 Like

To tell you the truth, the delusions and the experiences that I had while in the grip of mental illness have made it more difficult for me to have any kind of faith.

Iā€™ve had a long and complex Faith journey that included some time is a Christian, some time as a Buddhist and even some time as an atheist. I was starting to come back around and maybe believe in God when I got blindsided and badly traumatized by the symptoms of schizophrenia.

To tell you the truth, I feel like if there is a God he pulls the rug out from under me just when I need help/stability the most. That said, I think this is the source of my delusions about reincarnation. There are some studies performed by University professors that seemed to corroborate the stories of young children with memories of their past lives. itā€™s a fascinating topic if you ever want to spend some time digging into it.

I was going to link an article for you, but it says I canā€™t because Iā€™m a new user.

1 Like

It feels like youā€™ve been a new user for a long time. Usually after a week you are a normal user

I personally think memories of past lives and things like that is to do with genetics from ancestorsā€¦ But it is interesting to hear your view, thank you for sharing it with me

1 Like

I had some scary delusions about when dying getting trapped in predestined bodies and if u donā€™t like their ways then tough luckā€¦ I try to stay away from reincarnation

1 Like

Do you mind if I ask what you mean by predestined bodies? Itā€™s interesting that you believe in genetic memories. Iā€™ve heard theories that the junk DNA that scientists canā€™t find a use for may hold genetic memories or other forms of information that we donā€™t know how to process yet.

I tend to believe that nothing within DNA is actual junk, but I canā€™t remember anything from my past lives, unfortunately.

1 Like

Oh Iā€™ve never heard of that junk dna being stored memories of past lives. Cool to hear about it though.
Yea sure you can ask me anything. Umm basically I was under the impression that although it feels like we have free will, every action follows on due to everything that happened before it and likewise for the action before that etc. Etc. And that thereā€™s some kind of universal consciousness that is aware of the bigger picture of everything that will happen because it knows the science behind why we chose wat actions we chose and it can see ahead therefore. So the body that we go into when we die is already known by this universal consciousness.
Iā€™m not sure what the exact reasons were for why Iā€™d go into one specific person but it was something about having a similar energy vibe, even if they did some things differentlyā€¦ That was wat I thought at the time at least. It was my first episode. After that it was always going into an actual hell dimension if I could not fulfill my mission

1 Like

I have visions of an afterlife. Itā€™s sort of like a parallel demension to this world. I saw myself being more of a space cadet, even then I am now, and I had more connecetion with god. But, itā€™s all bad, crazy and lonely, and I imagine most people lives are better than this.

1 Like

If you feel you have connection with God in that afterlife (?), it doesnā€™t sound too badā€¦

Lots of people are religious.

But sorry you feel lonely. Wish I could help but Iā€™m a really shy person.

1 Like

Interesting that you mentioned free will, I sometimes struggle with the idea that mental illness robs me of free will when Iā€™m mired in delusions. I worry that free will is itself a delusion.

1 Like

Yea itā€™s hard to believe u have much free will when you are really mentally ill :frowning:
Is that wat you mean?

1 Like

Yes. I did some regrettable things while under the influence of psychosis. Iā€™m still dealing with the trauma of it

1 Like

What I was told is I will end up being tortured after death, but they didnā€™t mention hell. Furthermore, when I heard someone speak something religious the concept of hell came to my mind, and I was told I will not end up in ā€œany general hellā€, but ā€œtheir personal hellā€. I was shown an image where supposedly thousands or millions of beings are in a constant state of sleep, where they are being tortured. They are supposedly being maintained by some psychopathic extraterrestrial civilization. Later came a theory that I may end up being just a consciousness existing without body in an everlasting state of torture.

I cannot be concerned about it because I have no thoughts or emotions, but the inserted thoughts/concepts and voices were constantly occupying my mind, talking about that torture, or about why I would end up there (or why I got my ā€œschizophreniaā€).

The inserted thoughts are still reminding it to me every day, although itā€™s not as intense as it used to be. Now for some reason the voices say itā€™s a lie that Iā€™m going to be tortured after death, but theyā€™ve also said the inserted thoughts are now telling the truth. Sometimes the voices tell the opposite. They claimed I should know which is the truth, because Iā€™m ā€œsupposed to be a godā€. They also told it doesnā€™t matter if I really am a god now or not - after death theyā€™ll make me believe that Iā€™m a god, and then it will be ā€œmy own faultā€ Iā€™m being tortured (they have even told me that I will then believe that Iā€™m torturing myself, and theyā€™ve showed me a strange feeling of inevitability that thereā€™s no way out of the torture).

1 Like

I have had altered states of consciousness where I was remembering my parallel lives (the same life as Iā€™m living now, but with different outcomes and events, and different relationships). In one of my parallel lives I had psychic/telekinetic abilities and I raised hell in order to raise the vibration of everyone on the planet to that of the spiritual realm, so there would be more happiness in the world and so everyone could communicate with their loves ones on the other side. My voices spoke to me about hell and Satanism, as well as Spirituality. Sometimes as I was remembering an event from one of my other lives the voices of those I had experienced that life with spoke to the other voices with me about it, almost providing a firsthand narrative to go along with my own. Iā€™d like to think that in those instances the voices that I was hearing did indeed come from a higher dimension, where those lives did probably happen.

2 Likes

Same here a bit. Sounds like Many Worlds Theory of Quantum Mechanics.

1 Like