A few thoughts about men and women and equality by someone who grew up in the generation of Kennedy, race riots and Womens Lib

All through high school I watched the really decent guys who would have treated the girls they dated with care and respect get shoved aside in favour of jock douchebags who liked to grab ass and were lucky if they spoke in complete sentences. One cannot help but notice there is a dichotomy between what many women profess to want from a mate and what they actually choose in a mate. No wonder so many marriages end in divorce.

Youā€™re not the only one who saw it happen the other side. Boys in high school, they want the sluts, and the girls who put out, and the guy I loved and accepted no other, he called me a pest for adoring him.

Yeah, thatā€™s kinda it. By the way, @metime, @Moonbeam, @cj9556 and others, I grew up with two sisters and my late mother. So I know a little about women. Tell me, have you ever seen a sexist comment by me? I doubt it. If I need to vent about my life situation right now and the people in it. I think itā€™s totally appropriate and in my opinion, mostly accurate and my right

You women make valid intelligent points here. I donā€™t think I have ever disrespected any of you and I donā€™t have the desire too. There are are funny, nice, intelligent women here. And good for you for sticking up for yourselves. I have a problem with sticking up for myself but Iā€™ve made a few strides lately. No grudges on my part to anyone here, and I donā€™t think that you have grudges towards me. We are all on the same side. I take my anger out on adult men who act like idiots and act like they have power over me. I try to ignore teen girls who unfortunately donā€™t have enough survival instincts, to realize that what theyā€™re doing is not cool, nor brave, and nor funny. Hey itā€™s not my problem. Iā€™m not their parents Teen guys? Need to be careful around them while keeping an eye on them. Adult women? Even my dad was afraid of some of them.

Anyways! Like someone said, ā€œLife is not all cut and driedā€. The nuances are infinite. No one should fit in a box. But itā€™s a nice night here. Dinner was good. Resting up for work. This four day weekend is what I seriously needed at this time.
The Potato God has spoken! Lay down your arms and let there be peace and harmony amongest his children. ā€œThereā€™s no one in foxholes who doesnā€™t believe in himā€. Have a wonderful evening guys and girls.

2 Likes

didnā€™t read it, selective call outs.

I am a woman. I used to be more passionate about standing up for my rights, but lately I feel let down by the culture Iā€™m forced to agree with. I would probably vote for Bernie Sanders for one reason, he is the most feminist and I think he would fix the deficit. I look up to those who burned their draft cards for the Vietnam war, I would have always considered that a statement of brave activism. Itā€™s no different now, other than the cluster of tech. the growth of the CIA and the problem of a crash in ideas or clash of ideals. I want to get involved in cybersecurity. I want to learn how to code and break cryptograms. But because Iā€™m a woman I might be viewed differently in computer science, but things have changed now.

1 Like

Of course you can study computer software. Every morning, i canā€™t get a position in toilet at my company, it company.

Yeh, sounds about right. Not sure why women feel they have to please these types? Sorry you had to endure that from the other side of the fence.

1 Like

Okay. Great!

@77nick77 I was not really interested in the feminism part. I was more on ā€œParanoia Patrol.ā€ I tend to look after people like that. Iā€™m glad youā€™re doing okay.

1 Like

@77nick77 I always enjoy reading your posts, both the humorous ones and the serious, thought provoking ones such as this thread. I would never think of you as sexist or hold a grudge of any kind.

Iā€™m glad you are getting better at sticking up for yourself. You are worth sticking up for and donā€™t you forget it!

Oh, and since weā€™re both from California, Go Warriors! That was an exciting game!

I just posted something pretty hopeful in the News section! Go have a look! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I watched a little of it but I didnā€™t see the end. Who won?

I only watched the last 15 minutes or so and it really came down to the final minutes. The Warriors won!

1 Like

Theres no time to discriminate, hate every ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  thats in your wayā€¦sums it up nicelyā€¦

1 Like

Quoth the raven nevermoreā€¦

1 Like

I wonā€™t deny that men perpetrate a lot of sexual harassment onto women, but Iā€™ve found that many women get angrier when a man doesnā€™t do that than when he does. It makes them feel unattractive, especially when they get to a certain age. Iā€™ve seen more than one woman whimper like a whipped puppy when a man didnā€™t come on to them.

I guess I was kind of talking about the workplace, Crimby, but I can imagine some women are like that, makes no sense.

Different strokes for different folks. I might be stereotyping too much.

Tbh people in general suck men women kids old peopleā€¦its no longer about race or sex or ageā€¦if you suck you suckā€¦