A dumb question maybe

I am.diagnosed bipolar 1 and taking medication. Sometimes I do therapy as well. But the point is what good are those if there are no one to tell me to comply with medicines or no one to support me taking the medical route or no one to appreciate me about the improvements. In the end and start I am as lonely as any person can be except for Mom wife and son. I am stable now and not sure if I still need to take meds. Since there are not going to be anyone telling me how far I have come from bad patch.

Self-awareness might help. I know I get told off for doing it, but ruminate for a little while on what you were like at the extremest point, and where you are now.

You must be able to see from doing that that the meds are well worth taking to keep you stable.

3 Likes

Any time I have come off my med’s it has been a disaster. Judging from my own experience, I would say you’re probably not as stable as you think you are when you’re off your med’s. Think about how you were before you got on med’s, and then think about how much damage it could do to your present life situation. If you’re determined to go off your med’s talk to your pdoc about it first.

1 Like

You do those things for yourself and because they are smart things to do and the right things to do. You don’t know the future, things change and sometimes for the better and you do the right things now and have faith it will pay off in the future. AA calls it laying the groundwork for your life.

1 Like

I am diagnosed with bipolar 1.
You need meds with this disorder, especially if you suffer with psychosis.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.