100 % inflation

@TomCat When I lived in Atlanta in the 1990s gasoline was just little over one dollar per gallon. Then it was quite cheap to drive a car.

Here is one good video of grocery prices in Russia a few days after the sanctions. It appears to me that the prices are quite low and so reasonable. You may compare your grocery prices with these ones in Russia.

inflation is just 2% in my country singapore, that’s the increase from printing money due to covid pandemic else it will be negative inflation or around 0.53%

I went to my local grocery store and there was a man I knew. He talked how much the prices of tomatoes and cucumbers have risen. The least expensive 500 g coffee pack was over five euros. The inflation is just rising.

Avocados seem pricy here. It’s $3 for 1 avocado.

I do not know how much avocados are here, but 3 dollars for one avocado sounds a lot. I was thinking of buying some coffee today, but I did not buy yet because coffee prices are so high. Some people are saying that oil may rise to 300 dollars a barrel which will increase gasoline and heating oil prices a lot.

They are predicting that food prices shall rise globally due to the war in Ukraine.

1 Like

Inflation is rising globally and in some countries such as Turkey and Venezuela there is hyperinflation and their currencies have lost most of their value. People in these countries try to get more stable currencies such as the us dollar and the euros of the Eurozone. Gasoline prices have risen because of oil which affects all consumers worldwide. I am riding my bicycle and so energy price increases do not affect myself much. It is also interesting to follow how the sanctions cause higher inflation figures in Russia when its currency, the ruble, has lost one half of its value. They are predicting that food shall cost more in the future and this affects more visibly many developing countries, but it also shows in your food basket increasing your monthly food budget. In the same way as oil prices are rising are also some goods such as gold and diamond prices rising because some key producers are on the sanctions list. This may show when people are buying their wedding rings. There are so many uncertainties around the globe. And for those who drink coffee major increases in coffee prices are so obvious just by checking current prices on the shelves of our local grocery stores, in some cases there has been a 60% increase. I do not know where all this is going, but there is no light at the end of the tunnel as I see it.

1 Like

Does this mean I can buy for cheap in russia at the moment?
“Das Glück des einen ist das Unglück des anderen.”

RUB/EUR before ~83
RUB/EUR now ~127
~1.5 change for the RUB/EUR and ~0.65 change for the EUR/RUB

They told me when the tabbacco price due to taxes are so high quit smoking. So, the petrolprices are high, just stop driving a car and walk.

1 Like

I actually do this. Even when I have a vehicle, I walk to my local stores with my cart.

2 Likes

You may use Google’s Translator to read this Finnish news. Food prices may double. 100% inflation.

You may ride a bicycle. I sold my car in 2014 and I have been riding my bicycle everywhere since that. Actually I rode my bicycle even when I had a car. I have been riding my bicycle nearly 20 years.

3 Likes

Inflation is rising rapidly in Russia. People have their last purchases in the stores of many western companies after these companies have reported that they close their Russian operations. As the ruble has fallen down the prices of many goods are rising as were reported by some news. Foreign alcohol beverages see increases of 30-50 %, foreign meds rise 50 %, some foreign car prices have risen nearly 50 % and so on. And this is just the start. Next few months may show more economic downturns in Russia, but this also affects other nations.

They are predicting that food prices may rise 11 % in this year.

Food and energy prices soaring in many Middle East nations.