Would you be able to handle this? Am I being a wienie?

My husband just accepted his absolute dream job on the other side of the country. This past month, we’ve moved out here and set up in a home on a temporary lease until we find a place to rent for about a year. Then we’ll probably buy something then, but we need a home until we figure out the city a little.

Here’s the deal, I found a great place. It’s about the right size, great yard. Not the exact area I want to be in forever, but it is only for a year. So many great things about this house. But one major problem. The woman who owns the house lives in the mother-in-law suite on the property.

She seems super chill, she’s an active lady who’ll be likely to be out and about most of the time. Her little set up has its own separated lawn and garden area and she’s got a little dog that I’m sure my dogs would love.

My husband is fine with it because he just wants to get in a place and start (again) looking for a house to buy. I understand its only for a year, BUT am I going to lose my brain and start thinking this lady is listening to me or spying on me? Probably.

I’m just wondering how many of you think this would be a problem for you.

If I’m being reasonable, its not really that big of a problem. Sure, its not ideal, but the house is great and its not forever. But I don’t want set myself up for some sort of paranoid web of conspiracy involving some sweet, old hippie lady.

Advice?

You know yourself best. Are you stable or still have symptoms? Me personally would be uncomfortable :persevere:

1 Like

Tell your husband how this may affect your mental health and bargain for a different choice. Perhaps a small rental house or an apt. if you can handle it. You know yourself and your illness better than anyone. Trust your gut. Congrats on the nuptials!!:blush:

2 Likes