What type of cell phone you have

I got a used one, one basic Nokia model at the flea market, it was just 3.5 euros, 5 dollars

Mine is an Android 2.4 ā€œ4-inch touchscreen smartphoneā€ by local manufacturer which supports both Wi-Fi and 3G(only, or below) network connection.

At the cost of MYR 150. (approximately USD 50)

I have yet to make the jump to this new fangled smart phone thing and do not as of yet want to.

I own a phone whoā€™s simplicity I am happy with.

1 Like

Big dialing screen, no cramped buttons, no camera, only text messaging and voice calling. Suitable for the elderly and whoever love simplicity.
I used to have one, it was clam shell phone Samsung SGH-C260, no more productionā€¦

@mjseu, very cheap of them! Do they sell on the eBay?

I have a Samsung S3 mini. It is a smartphone but basic and entry level phone. I got it on contract with a local service provider for R 189.00 per month which includes R 100.00 talk time. That is about $18 (USD) per month.

My cell phone carrier, Sprint, gives me around $100 in credit each year to use to upgrade my phone. I saved about 4 years worth of credits and bought an iPhone 4. I only had to pay like $50 out of pocket lol.

I love the iPhone, because I can use it for this forum, for video chatting with friends, and to pay all my bills online through 3G connectivity.

But itā€™s starting to have major problems! Like it wonā€™t charge when I plug the charger in, unless I jiggle it a bit.

And Iā€™m running out of storage, so I canā€™t take anymore videos.

I really need a new phone, but I donā€™t have enough upgrade credit to get another iPhone. So I just might be making the jump to an Android phone.

Overall, though, I give the iPhone 4 out of 5 stars.

Blessings,

Anthony

I have an LG Optimus Dynamic II with Android 4.1, it was a birthday present. Iā€™ve only had it for less than a month and already Iā€™m in love with it! Itā€™s smaller than most smartphones, so itā€™ll fit in my purse or my pants pockets, but it has a nice sharp screen! Only 3g compatibility, but I donā€™t use data that much other than through wifi so itā€™s not a big deal. This is my first smartphone, so Iā€™m still getting used to it, but itā€™s pretty awesome.

Since Iā€™m usually home, I use a Samsung Gem on wifi. Absolutely love it. I used to have an LG Viper though. It was probably about 4x faster than the Samsung Gem. But itā€™s gone now.:slight_smile: Iā€™m going to scrap a second hand from ebay sooner or later. Then for service, I have a cheap prepaid phone.

I have a hand me down iPhone 4. I downloaded the Sherlock app which is fun. I need to move my pictures onto my laptop.

Iā€™ve got a Sony Ericsson K510 i payg which Iā€™ve had for about 9 years. Iā€™ve used it infrequently and only once since my mother died in 2010.

I have a tracphone and I prepay for my minutes, text, and data.

I have now five cell phones, all very inexpensive. Just one SIM-card.

LG G2. It was free with contract.

Nexus 5. Bought it off contract and use T-Mobile. I did the math and realized that carriers that allow ā€˜discounted upgradesā€™ every 2 years are making up for that discount 3-fold in higher contract prices. Also, carriers lock the phone to their network, so a Verizon iPhone 4s will not work on AT&Ts network despite having hardware that works on both networks. Carriers are sneaky and I hate them.

Also, I do EVERYTHING on my smart phone. Right now, Iā€™m laying down on the couch typing this up on my phone. My average usage of my phone per day is between 7 and 12 hours.

To that, itā€™s not really fair to call a smart phone a ā€œphoneā€, its more of a handheld computer that happens to also accept/send phone calls and text messages (which I rarely use).

I got a Samsung Galaxy S5 back when it was first released in the US. May, I think it was? I love it, itā€™s a great phoneā€¦

I donā€™t know. Itā€™s as cheap and basic as I could get. It has a camera which I havenā€™t used much. I know a couple of people to send pics to. Itā€™s sturdy - Iā€™ve dropped it several times. It folds up.

Nokia 520, with Windows 8 on itā€¦pretty cheap only $60 bucks on amazon and I have a no contract plan with AT&Tā€¦

I donā€™t have a phone, I donā€™t like keeping them on me due to the fact they can be tracked.

A Verizon flip-phone. I pay $15.00 a month for my cell phone service. I usually keep my phone in my car for emergencies.